Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer randomly pauses few seconds during print

Posted by gerengnick 
Printer randomly pauses few seconds during print
November 03, 2019 01:18PM
Hello all, first post!

So recently I switched the board on my anet a8 from the stock anet board to an SKR 1.3 with TMC 2209 drivers. But now that I did the swap, everything works well except that the printer randomly pauses in places in the print, causing large dots, blobs, and sits on the outer perimeter of my print. I do print over USB through octorpint, although this has never caused my any issues before. My octorpint actually now connects faster and is more responsive than ever with the new board. Anyone have any knowledge why it pauses at random?
Re: Printer randomly pauses few seconds during print
November 03, 2019 06:31PM
If you have enabled MONITOR_DRIVER_STATUS try disabling it.
November 03, 2019 07:03PM
I'll make sure to try that in an hour or so, any idea what this does and why it may cause my issues?
November 03, 2019 07:19PM
Well I disabled that and nothing has changed. My driver's aren't overheating or anything either, and shouldn't be grounded or anything like it was mentioning. It pauses after like 3 or 4 layers, and is always on an outer perimeter. I'm just printing a small cylinder, although a little ghost had the same issue. Before I switched the board there wasn't an issue like this, and I'm using the same files
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login