Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.X Bugfix Platformio:Build Error?

Posted by keremdikmen 
Marlin 2.0.X Bugfix Platformio:Build Error?
November 17, 2019 06:14AM
Hi, i recently received SKR 1.3 board. I tried upload latest marlin version. When i try upload arduino always times out. Here it is error code:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Why is this happening?

So i decided to try Atom software. I add latest version marlin and i only changed “default_envs = LPC1768” in platformio.ini. After then i press the Platformio:Build button and it gives this errors: [yadi.sk]

What can i do?
Re: Marlin 2.0.X Bugfix Platformio:Build Error?
November 17, 2019 06:39AM
1) you cannot use arduino IDE on a lpc1768 based controller. You need platformio.
2) #error "Oops! Set MOTHERBOARD to an LPC1768-based board when building for LPC1768."

you need to set "#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_BIGTREE_SKR_V1_3" in the Configuration.h file. Do not leave it set to a RAMPS

3) (This is your next issue) Unable to find destination disk (Autodetect Error)
The SKR1.3 SDCARD should have a label REARM or have a file FIRMWARE.CUR (contents does not matter) so the script can find the correct place to put the new firmware.bin file.
The SD card should show on your operating system as a new drive.

Also be aware that the supplied 256meg sdcard that comes with the SKR1.3 is rubbish and unreliable.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2019 08:18AM by Dust.
December 07, 2019 06:42PM
Sorry for late reply. Thank you for your comment. I have tried your said before create this topic.
I edited platformio.ino, Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h at the same time and it gave continously LPC1768 error after build some reason. After then i started over and this time i goes step by step and build them. Thereafter it's successfully build and upload. So, that's how i did. Maybe helps another people.

Thanks
December 07, 2019 07:04PM
I had similar issues and I found in VS code which is what I use I was getting the same errors. I had finally closed all projects, closed VS code, re-opened it and opened a fresh copy of marlin 2.0.x, edited my board in platformio.ino and in Configuration.H where it asks for "motherboard" then hit build and it went right through with no issues 25 seconds. I continued to modify and every change I "built" and no errors. I saw ATOM was being phased out online so I just went straight to VS code instead. Hope that helps.
December 07, 2019 07:10PM
Why would ATOM be phased out?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login