Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Final Marlin configuration

Posted by NAP1947 
Final Marlin configuration
November 28, 2019 06:50PM
Been a long road but my FLSUN kossel is almost ready to print again.
I have everything set using the manual configuration process to modify the Marlin script using Arduino.
However, now I have all the tower heights exactly the same the centre height is 0.7 mm above the bed at Z0.
I cannot find anything to guide me in this last adjustment that relates to the current Marlin version.
Everything I find refer to DELTA SMOOTH ROD OFFSET, but the new version does have this code at all.
I have not been able to find a work around, can anyone help?
I no longer have an effector with auto-calibration end-stop so I need to figure this out.
Re: Final Marlin configuration
November 29, 2019 05:05AM
I am not sure what you're asking for. Do you need to correct the Z-height so that it sits on 0mm from the bed instead of 0.7mm??

Because in that case I would say:
M851 Z-0.7
M500
M501

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 29, 2019 06:05AM
Thank you, I will do that.
However, I also want to understand how to do this same thing using the coding in Marlin as edited by Arduino.
November 29, 2019 06:15AM
Depends on marlin version...

In n Configuration.h

For Marlin 2.0, the last value currently 0.
#define NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET { 10, 10, 0 }

For Marlin 1.1.x
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2019 06:16AM by Dust.
November 29, 2019 06:15AM
I looked up M851 g-code and found the equivalent in the Configuration.h file is “ Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER”.
This is what I have been trying to figure out.
Thank you again.
November 29, 2019 08:42AM
I played with the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER for a while with no results.
I then realized this adjustment must be used when a Z Probe device is present, I do not have one on my printer.
I did find 2 definitions one for Z_MIN_POS and another for Z_MAX_POS.
My MIN is set to 0 but the MAX says MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS.
I assume the MAX position is the top of the Delta Towers, which would be 227.6 mm from the bed on my printer.
This is what I adjusted my tower endstops to using the micro switch.
Now the Z0 (at the bed) is .2mm below the surface of the bed (the nozzle needs to be raised from 0 by .2mm to pass the paper test.
Therefore do I need to adjust the Z_MIN_POS from 0 to find the best nozzle position for Z0?
If not here then where?
November 29, 2019 04:03PM
I played around with the Z Min and Z Max setting to no avail.
Tried a test print from Thingiverse with current settings and the edges of the skirt circle were squished (too thin) and the centre was not adhering.
Therefore, I assume my delta has a convex setting to it, and needs the centre pushed down and the sides brought up.
The sides I can do with tower endstop adjustment but I need to figure out how to lower the centre setting after the towers are set.
I tried using M851, M502, M500 from Repetier with no improvement.
I am really confused.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login