Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta homing under Marlin - moved from 'Deltas'

Posted by David J 
Delta homing under Marlin - moved from 'Deltas'
November 29, 2019 02:54AM
I moved this problem from 'Deltas' to here are it's more of a Marlin issue than specifically with the machine itself.

I have a fairly new Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus running Marlin 1.1.9 (recently updated) on its TriGorilla board. Everything is going well, and I'm getting decent prints. However, I have one significant problem: when I'm doing the Delta Calibration routines via the LCD, the print head finishes off by trying to push itself through the front-left (X) column!

I have done quite a bit of on-line research and have got rid of quite a number of issues, but this one's a persistent little beggar...
  • If I do G28 the machine will home properly - reasonably central, and straight to the top - but it seems to go wrong now and again, and I can't predict when.
  • Killing/stopping a job will often send the head to the X column.
  • If I enter 'G0 F2000 X0 Y0 Z280' the head will go central and stop correctly near to the top.
  • If I enter Prepare -> Delta Calibration -> Auto Calibration on the printer's LCD terminal it will go through its routine, then head upwards and leftwards until it collides with the left (X) column.
  • A random selection (probably not totally 'random'!) will go straight up on home, others will head for the front-left position.
Almost certainly I have something wrong in my Marlin configuration - could people have a look at my Configuration.h file (attached) and suggest where I've gone wrong? I have also attached my Configuration_adv.h, just in case...

TIA,

David
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (78.1 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (67.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login