Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0; run PID autotune from SD card?

Posted by HugoW 
Marlin 2.0; run PID autotune from SD card?
December 01, 2019 01:55PM
Hi,

I cannot seem to get Pronterface working and I need to autotune my new heated bed. It is my first heated bed on a custom built machine so no standard settings known. Can I write a simple gcode to autotune and have it run from the SD card? I have a reprap smart controller and I print gcodes from the SD. I think I should just write:

M303 E-1 S70 C10
M500

This should in my view run ten cycles and get the best PID settings and save them. Is that indeed true and can I read those new values somewhere so I can write them in the firmware so after next update they will be OK?

Thanks,

Hugo
Re: Marlin 2.0; run PID autotune from SD card?
December 01, 2019 03:37PM
I would first try to fix the connectivity issue. What board are you using and what are you doing when trying to connect? Which serial port is selected? TTY USB?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Re: Marlin 2.0; run PID autotune from SD card?
December 02, 2019 01:04PM
Hi, I am trying that in another topic. I run an MKS SBase 1.3, with a normal smart controller, not the touch screen from MKS which proved to be the big problem in my set-up. This now works well for about two years, I just added a heated bed and need to run the PID autotune.

It runs over port COM3, USB connection, and the baud rate of both the Marlin software and the Pronterface settings is 115200.

[reprap.org] continued there. Or answers to the initial question here, of course.

Cheers,

Hugo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2019 01:36PM by HugoW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login