Lin advance compatible drivers
December 09, 2019 02:59AM
Hello,
I have a question for you. The function lin advance works with all drivers (tmc, drv, lv) or it is specific to a type of drivers. I fight with a person on a French forum that tells me that the advance lon march on tmc2209 but not on tmc2208, except I find no doc that says ca.
Regards, thank you yo
Re: Lin advance compatible drivers
December 09, 2019 01:59PM
There are a couple of issues with Linear Advance and TMC drivers. The first is that if Linear Advance is enabled, it is possible that step pulses may be too short for the drivers. Recent versions of Marlin 2.0.x fix this problem, but if you're running an older release you need to use either the SQUARE_WAVE_STEPPING configuration option or set MINIMUM_STEPPER_PULSE explicitly to 1 or higher. If you are running the TMC drivers in standalone mode (TMC2208_STANDALONE or TMC2209_STANDALONE) you cannot use the SQUARE_WAVE_STEPPING option and must instead increase MINIMUM_STEPPER_PULSE.

The other is that TMC2208 drivers can have problems if configured for StealthChop on the extruder (TMC2209 drivers don't have this problem). It is not certain that TMC2208 in StealthChop won't work, but it is unreliable. The workaround for this is to use SpreadCycle on the extruder.

TL;DR: Use a recent version of Marlin 2.0.x, if you have a TMC2208 enable SpreadCycle on the extruder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login