Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

which Arduino IDE to be used with Marlin

Posted by marvin42blue 
which Arduino IDE to be used with Marlin
December 26, 2019 12:12PM
Hi there,

I recently had issues when compiling Marlin with different Arduino IDE versions. Since I was not able to find any information which version Arduino works with which Marlin, here is what I observed. I'm using a Delta printer (Kossel mini, with ATmega 2560 + Ramps 1.4)

Arduino (Win) 1.6.9
- compiled and worked well with all Marlin 1.1.0 versions
- compiled Marlin 1.1.9 - but my Printer behaves weird (motion speed is not correct)
- does not compile Marlin 2.0.1 - aborts with lots of errors

Arduino (Win) 1.8.10
- compiles and works well with Marlin 2.0.1
- does not compile 1.1.9 - gives error "Old configurations ?" - but I have no "#include" in my configuration*-files
Re: which Arduino IDE to be used with Marlin
December 27, 2019 03:44AM
Don't use anything older than arduino 1.8.9
And don't try to use old marlins older than 1.1.9

the error #error "Old configurations? Please delete all #include lines from Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h."

Happens when something somewhere includes the file Conditionals.h which is an obsolete file. Designed to catch someone trying to use old configuration files on newer versions of Marlin
December 27, 2019 11:27AM
Recently I switched to Atom with PlatformIO. I'm not sure if this works for < Marlin 2.x but it works really well in my experience.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 27, 2019 07:22PM
Dust

Would you please mind to explain this ?- Marlin requires C++11, so anything > 1.6.8 will/should compile proper code.

My 3D-prints were not different while I used older Marlin FW - actually some things are now even worse: the encoder on my SmartController was working very nice before, with 2.0.1 it's almost unusable.
December 28, 2019 09:22AM
marvin42blue
Dust

Would you please mind to explain this ?- Marlin requires C++11, so anything > 1.6.8 will/should compile proper code.

My 3D-prints were not different while I used older Marlin FW - actually some things are now even worse: the encoder on my Smart Controller was working very nice before, with 2.0.1 it's almost unusable.

I have been using Marlin 1.1.5 when I upgraded to Marlin 1.1.9BF then Marlin 2 and though the benefits of the upgrades were not very notable. I did a few features that made it worthwhile.

Computer problems be back soon and finish!!!!!!

Sorry about that Upgraded from a 2TB windows 7 OS to a dual 1TB Drive windows 10 OS and having problems with the D: drive, keeps getting lost may need new Cables.
Kept the Windows 7 Hard Drive just in case.

Continuing
#define TEMP_SENSOR_CHAMBER
#define BABYSTEPPING
#define X_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS
#define Y_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS
#define PARK_HEAD_ON_PAUSE
Stepper Drivers easier to use
S-Curve Acceleration
Junction Deviation Factor
Just a few I wanted too experiment with.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2019 10:08AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login