Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0 lcd does not display correctly

Posted by pouic 
Marlin 2.0 lcd does not display correctly
December 28, 2019 04:46PM
Hi everyone,
My printer is an printrbot plus v2-1 (with wooden frame and a 20x4 lcd).
I try to flash Marlin 2.0 but the lcd display shit like an overflow and all move constantly.
LCD works fine with older version.

So my motherboard is an printrboard revD.

In my Configuration.h i uncoment and set :
#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_PRINTRBOARD
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
Re: Marlin 2.0 lcd does not display correctly
January 01, 2020 08:10AM
Would you mind to post a photo of how your display looks like - I also have a 20x4 LCD with 2.0.1 firmware but an Atmel2560 mainboard. I had (maybe) a similar issue, but it went away when I used a newer Arduino IDE.
January 01, 2020 08:54AM
See [github.com] for more information and pictures..

Love hoe they post practically no information here....
January 01, 2020 12:05PM
Sorry Dust but the bug report on Githut is mine and marvin42blue you can watch my bug on this issue posted by Dust.
January 05, 2020 11:10AM
Hi pouic

.. the photos are somehow similar to my LCD - I found ESD problems a while ago: walking over carpet, then touching any part of the printer caused corrupt display like this. I made sure that all metallic parts are properly connected to ground/earth and that seemed to fix it.

But with the new 2.0 firmware I also had at least one event, where the display suddenly became corrupt, and I guess, too, that it might be a timing problem - not ESD.

In addition I found (see my other post: [reprap.org]) issues related to different Arduino IDE versions (I haven't used anything other than Arduino IDE so far).
My dial encoder is most times not responding as expected: when I click or dial it takes several seconds before something happens - this worked just great with 1.1.9

Actually, I doubt that memory size is an issue. I have a Mega2560-R3-board and Arduino IDE tells me that I'm using some 70% of memory.
Have you tried to using Arduino IDE ?
February 24, 2020 01:26PM
Hi Marvin,
Yes i'm sure is not an electrical problem.
Today my printer run with Marlin 1.1.9 and memory is above 98% and display is ok.
I don't try flash the Marlin 2.0 with arduino IDE.
February 24, 2020 04:47PM
This occurs on my 3D Printer any time I place more than 13 characters in the field below

#define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "01234567890123"

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login