Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding ESP3D through ESP-01 to Ramps 1.4 (Marlin 2.0)

Posted by safaseed 
Adding ESP3D through ESP-01 to Ramps 1.4 (Marlin 2.0)
January 03, 2020 03:14AM
Hi, i did some research on google and found no guide about Connecting to marlin through wifi.
Chris Riley has a good tutorial here about adding ESP3D to Ramps 1.4 but as the date of upload shows its before Marlin 2 was released. Though i followed all his gudies step by step for adding ESP-01 to Ramps 1.4 and Marlin 2.0 (via AUX1). When i open Web UI of ESP and do all Setup, The Marlin Doesn't accept any command from ESP. It Doesnt see the ESP at all. Where have i gone wrong ?
Re: Adding ESP3D through ESP-01 to Ramps 1.4 (Marlin 2.0)
January 03, 2020 03:30AM
It should still work.

Pictures of how you wired it up?

Did the esp work as a access point?

What baud rate did you set the esp8266 serial port to? It has to match the baud rate set in marlin.
What serial port did you set in Marlin, Its should be 0

Plugging a wifi module into AUX1 connects the esp8266 to the mega serial 0, so you shouldnt have the usb cable plugged in at the same time. They will interfere with each other. It one or the other (or move the esp8266 to a different serial port on the mega)
Re: Adding ESP3D through ESP-01 to Ramps 1.4 (Marlin 2.0)
January 03, 2020 03:55AM
Actually just right now i found out what have i done wrong: I had soldered TX to TX and RX to RX smiling smiley)) It should be reverse.Just reversed and its working nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2020 03:55AM by safaseed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login