Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Part Cooling Fan Configuration for Marlin

Posted by jkashyap16 
Part Cooling Fan Configuration for Marlin
January 10, 2020 05:05PM
Hello,

I have an Airwolf3DHD for which I intend to modify the extruder head assembly and install an additional fan for part cooling as I plan to print PLA on the printer.

I'm unsure as to how to go about doing this. The printer has a RAMBo 32-bit board that runs on Marlin firmware. I have been able to obtain the original version of the configuration.h file for the printer from the manufacturer. Ideally I prefer the print cooling fan to be controlled by the 3D printing software.

Any help in this direction will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Re: Part Cooling Fan Configuration for Marlin
January 10, 2020 07:33PM
Do you mean this Archim2 controller?

But its the same idea for all board.

You have to connect the fan to a MOSFET on the controller for it to be sotfware controlled.
It has to be the correct polarity as fans only work one way.
You then set your firmware up. This would normally be already be done.. but if not you have to add the pin definition to the relevant pins.h
January 13, 2020 12:42PM
Thank you very much for your response. I do not know how to change the pin configuration in the files pins.h and configuration.adv. Can you help me with that?
January 13, 2020 08:47PM
Firstly you need to start with the line #define MOTHERBOARD in Configuration.h
What does that say? is this directs you to what pins.h file you need to look at.

From what I can find with google, it looks like your printer has a Rambo_v1.4 controller, so this would use pins_RAMBO.h
and it should have the lines
#define FAN_PIN 8
#define FAN1_PIN 6
#define FAN2_PIN 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login