Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.1.9 X and Y axis print at % of the part size

Posted by PEU 
PEU
Marlin 1.1.9 X and Y axis print at % of the part size
February 10, 2020 03:16PM
Hi guys, a few weeks ago I finished the conversion of my delta printer (anycubic kossel delta plus) running 1.1.9 to standalone TMC2130 drivers, printed a 25 hours job without a hitch, but it seems I forgot to turn the cooling fan and two of the drivers died.
Ordered new tmc2130 also standalone and now when I print the X and Y axis move at a % of the distance of the gcode sent, parts of course print wrong, so using terminal I sent individual G0 movements and the problem repeats, reflashed the machine, reset the parameters and redid calibration, the problem remains.

Z axis is fine.

Any idea on what to look? otherwise I'll need to go back to the stock 4988 drivers.

Thanks
Re: Marlin 1.1.9 X and Y axis print at % of the part size
February 10, 2020 07:36PM
Stepper Drivers have thermal protection, they shutdown if they over heat. And continue when they cool down again.

So I suspect this is not the cause of your issue.
PEU
February 11, 2020 10:08AM
Steppers work fine and are cool, I'm not sure if its a software related issue or something I don't know about the TMC2130s but the end result is that a 50mm move goes around 35mm
PEU
February 12, 2020 06:12PM
moved back to the 4988 drivers and the problem remains, checked the gcode and its ok, so its either marlin related or the trigorilla board, but upon looking the pinout there is no multiplier to change the scale in hardware, what could be the problem in marlin?
PEU
February 15, 2020 02:30PM
To put a closure to this, it was something marlin related, maybe an eprom setting that refused to be erased, dunno, installed 2.0 and now the printer works perfect again.
February 20, 2020 01:58AM
I've had the arduino memory get corrupted once or twice while re-flashing boards between versions.
Erase eeprom was solution in each case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login