Posted by 1000Calories 
2.0.4 - Aggravating Print Issue
February 25, 2020 02:02PM
Printer: Anet A8
Marlin 2.0.4
Prusa Slicer
Repetier Host
-----------------
Upgraded to an SKR 1.2 E3 just for performance increase and noise reduction.
I have ran out of ideas on how to fix my print issue and went through both configurations multiple times. Everything is set correctly as far as drivers, controller board type.. plus, bed sizing and XYZ motion in all applications. Homing works correctly too. When going to print a calibration cube, the printer X + Y motors jam up for a moment, then it extrudes in one spot on edge of bed, then Z starts to ascend. Main things to attempt fixing this was:

Setting X MAX and Y MAX POS to what I know is good, but got an error during compile. Says that it's too narrow?! *Edit: I think I need to double the numbers for proper size, will try this again.
Setting M206 with coordinates for center (Reset it back to 0 0 0 when doing the following approach to not have it interfere)
Activating define BED CENTER X and Y specs, that did nothing.

One thing to point out is that even after comparing both new and old example config files for my printer, I had to change Z direction. I don't understand as to why, because it worked the way it was left in the 1.19 config but worked the opposite now.
Took a peak at the gcode for the calibration cube file in Repetier, and saw the beginning coordinates for the print. It's way out of range but the placement of it never affected my print location on the old firmware.

It's truly boggling to me and considering downgrading to what was used before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2020 02:03PM by 1000Calories.
Re: 2.0.4 - Aggravating Print Issue
February 25, 2020 02:24PM
1000Calories
Took a peak at the gcode for the calibration cube file in Repetier, and saw the beginning coordinates for the print. It's way out of range but the placement of it never affected my print location on the old firmware.

It's possible that the earlier firmware did not properly manage soft end stops. Marlin will avoid moving to areas outside what it considers to be the printable area. My guess is that the object might have been sliced with the idea that 0,0 is the center of the bed which is usually not the case for cartesian printers - on cartesians 0,0 should be the front left corner of the bed.
Re: 2.0.4 - Aggravating Print Issue
February 26, 2020 08:06AM
Not sure if software end stops would effect that? I have to check but not sure if it is disabled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login