Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2, i3 Pro B, Z clearance being ignored

Posted by Twinnie 
Marlin 2, i3 Pro B, Z clearance being ignored
March 04, 2020 04:53PM
So I have a Geeetech i3Pro B, currently running Marlin 2.0.4.4, and I bought a 3DTouch (BLTouch ripoff?) but I've been having nothing but trouble getting it working. I think I'm more or less there once I can fix this one final problem.

I have all of my z clearance variables set to move the nozzle up by 5 or 10 mm after homing or probing but it doesn't move up at all. When I home on Z it moves to the centre of the bed, deploys the probe, then lowers down. The probe hits the bed and is stowed. Then, without moving up at all, the probe is deployed again and the 3DTouch flashes like it's in an alarm state. The probe is stowed again and the nozzle moves down 1.7mm which is my offset. Despite it only homing once and not doing the second slow one, it seems to work okay. But then when I try to auto level it moves across the bed without raising, deploys the probe when it gets to its first spot, then alarms and crashes my board.

Here's my z clearance config:
#define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE 10 // Z Clearance for Deploy/Stow
#define Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES 5 // Z Clearance between probe points
#define Z_CLEARANCE_MULTI_PROBE 5 // Z Clearance between multiple probes
#define Z_AFTER_PROBING 5 // Z position after probing is done

#define Z_PROBE_LOW_POINT -2 // Farthest distance below the trigger-point to go before stopping

What I'm asking is, is there any other config in Marlin that would cause it to ignore all this config?

The only other clue I have, which may be a totaly different problem, is that when it homes on Z I noticed that Z isn't being set to 0, it's actually being set to 10. After homing I manually set Z to 0 but when I did the auto level it did the exact same thing, and I even noticed that what should have been 0 was back to being 10 on the Z axis. I've crawled through my cofig trying to figure out what's doing that but I can't find anything that looks the part.

Here's my config if anyone fancies tatking a look:
[1drv.ms]

I'd really appreciate any help that you can give me.
Re: Marlin 2, i3 Pro B, Z clearance being ignored
May 13, 2020 03:34PM
I have the same printer in the same configuration and I'm having this exact issue. Did you manage to solve it at all?
May 13, 2020 07:30PM
I did actually but it was a while ago so I’m not 100% how I did it. I think I just reflashed the firmware and that was all it took.
May 17, 2020 09:56PM
I just posted "Z after Homing". It may give you a clue.
I also have a note in my configs that the backoff entries mess with other things. But I put that there a while ago so I don't remember what was going on then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login