Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

strange behaviour after changing to marlin 2.0.5.1

Posted by catmandu 
strange behaviour after changing to marlin 2.0.5.1
March 20, 2020 07:30AM
hello. I am at a loss to know how to proceed with the following that came about after upgrading to 2.0.5.1.
1. No start signal detected- forcing start-- this comes up every time I connect the printer, as far as I can make out, this is because the port or baud rate is wrong but I have tried every combination of these without any change, despite this the printer does connect to the computer and I can control the printer and everything works (after a fashion!) exept for the following.
2. When homing the effector will only travel half of the distance it should i.e- the machine is a delta with a print bed of 300mm and a Z height of 365mm but from a" homed" position it travels exactly 182.5mm and then stops. I can then home again and everything works as it should, probe to the Alpha tower and it goes to the set coordinates but only travels 182.5mm from home. Now if I move the effector down to the bed and then home it travels up as it should, but again stops at 182.5mm only this time the machine trips out and has to be reset, I think it must be something I have set wrong in configuration, but am at a loss to know what. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Delta printer- 300mm bed 365mm print height, Repetier Host . SKR V1.3 32bit LPC1768 board. Marlin 2.0.5.1 firmware
Re: strange behaviour after changing to marlin 2.0.5.1
March 20, 2020 10:16AM
This sounds like you may need to restore the Firmware defaults and save them.
This can be done from the LCD using RESTORE FAILSAFE and STORE MEMORY or sending M502 - Factory Reset and M500 - Save Settings commands to your 3D Printer..

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
March 20, 2020 02:00PM
Thanks for your input, I will try that ASAP. One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was that when I did the config file I commented out the eeprom with the intention of getting the printer working right before saving any settings. With this setup will M502/M500 work? and last but not least could you explain what the start signal that is expected in the No start signal detected message?
March 20, 2020 02:38PM
I do not believe M502/M500 will work without EEProm enabled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 07:51PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
March 20, 2020 03:33PM
Thanks for that, I will redo the config tomorrow and try again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login