Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wierd runout action Help!

Posted by Adroid 
Wierd runout action Help!
April 04, 2020 11:46AM
Using Marlin 2.0, MKS Gen V1.4 and a simple microswitch. Wired it up to servo pin 4 (ground and signal pins) and designated pin 4 in the firmware. Using the Marlin configurator. Everything checks good before starting a print (no filament just heating up the extruder). At about c160 the runout switch stops working. The printer keeps printing. I have a short piece of filament that I use for testing. Summing up, when temperature is low the switch works and when the temp. goes up the switch stops working (assuming it is the signal pin that stops working). Attaching my config. files. Hope someone can help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2020 11:47AM by Adroid.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (122.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (80.6 KB)
Re: Wierd runout action Help!
April 04, 2020 03:45PM
I never could get pin 4 to work with my simple micro switch filament run-out senor.

So I Opted to use one of the unused End-stop switches I started using using X-Max pin 2 then not too long ago I changed to Z-Max pin 19.
I can not give you my reason for changing at this point though I did have a reason for changing.

Oh! I remembered now. My MPCNC uses both XY Min and XY Max and I wanted as much a possible to be uniform so I changed them all to Z-Max - pin 19

Anyway went off topic for awhile, Though I have used these unused end-stop connections for 3 years thru many Versions of Marlin 1.1.x - Marlin 2.0.x
I change filament run-out in pins_RAMPS.h

#define FIL_RUNOUT_PIN    19

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login