Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0 compille problems for a custom controller board

Posted by DocRaptor 
Marlin 2.0 compille problems for a custom controller board
May 06, 2020 05:51AM
Hi everybody. I have a problem with Marlin 2.0 in PlatformIO. I try to compile it for a STM32F103RET on a custom build board (the pinout is similar to the bigtree skr mini v1.1, but one pin is different and the pins for the sd-card slot on the board are free so I can use them for the stepperdriver when using when I want to upgrade to tmc driver and some other stuff I did), but I always get errors like e0 pins and heater_0_pin are not defined. I just modified the bigtree skr mini v1.1 pin file and added it to pins.h and board.h (https://marlinfw.org/docs/hardware/boards.html). I don't know why.
Attachments:
open | download - marlin_changed_added_files.zip (87.8 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.0 compille problems for a custom controller board
May 06, 2020 08:49AM
In your Configuration.h you have "#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_DRAGON_CONTROLLER"

but in boards.h you have

#define BOARD_CUSTOM_CONTROLLER 4024 // Dragon Controller

So when you define MOTHERBOARD as BOARD_DRAGON_CONTROLLER, MOTHERBOARD is set to 0 as the string BOARD_DRAGON_CONTROLLER is not defined as a number

Next in the file pins.h is the macro MB() this takes the MOTHERBOARD name and drops the BOARD_ prefix

It then tries to match "DRAGON_CONTROLLER" to load the correct board pins.h files.

But in pins.h you don't have that. you have

"#elif MB(BOARD_CUSTOM_CONTROLLER)
#include "stm32f1/pins_CUSTOM_controller.h" // STM32F1 env:custom_controller"

So to recap.

chose a name, either BOARD_CUSTOM_CONTROLLER or BOARD_DRAGON_CONTROLLER or make both work.

I will presume you want BOARD_DRAGON_CONTROLLER

So Configuration.h is good.

Update boards.h from #define BOARD_CUSTOM_CONTROLLER 4024 // Dragon Controller
To #define BOARD_DRAGON_CONTROLLER 4024 // Dragon Controller

update pins.h from
"#elif MB(BOARD_CUSTOM_CONTROLLER)
to
"#elif MB(DRAGON_CONTROLLER)

NOTE the dropped BOARD_ prefix when using the MB() macro

Two things to note:
1) you should probably update the file name from stm32f1/pins_CUSTOM_controller.h to stm32f1/pins_DRAGON_CONTROLLER.h"
2) env: sets the name of the platformio environment for auto build. You either need to add a custom environment of the name custom_controller or set it to STM32F103RE or create a DRAGON environment

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 10:18AM by Dust.
May 06, 2020 12:07PM
Looks like I mixed in the export two marlin-files together. I wanted to put the one custom_controller here, but the entire marlin files in zip-format didn't fit here and so I wanted just put the files up here, which I changed, but I mixed it up with some other Marlin files. I have to much files.
I tested some other boards with configuration. bigtree skr mini v1.1 didn't work and gave the same errors and with a mks robin (which I don't know) the same. But when I tested it with the Fysetc cheetah, it compiled just fine.
May 06, 2020 04:15PM
I reinstaled platformIO and tested it again. Now I can't compile anything. Great
May 07, 2020 02:59AM
Its utterly pointless telling us this without error logs!
May 07, 2020 03:56AM
Dust
Its utterly pointless telling us this without error logs!

The error were the same, but every stm32f1 based (even the fysetc ones too, that compilled), had them. So I reinstalled PlatformIO again, but this time with a different editor, and still nothing. Now I downloaded Marlin again and used for testing the example configurations from here [github.com] and modified the platformio.ini for the boards. Annow it works. Looks like the Marlin Download I used was broken.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login