Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

override bed temperature limit without having to set everything up again?

Posted by Veesta 
override bed temperature limit without having to set everything up again?
May 16, 2020 04:22PM
Hi there,

I built P3steel few years ago and it works like a charm.
The firmware is also few years old and i know i should update. smiling smiley I will, when i have time to figure out all the steps/mm and endstop positions, etc..

My current problem is that i need to set bed temperature to 110C, but i had originally set a 100C limit in the Marlin firmware.
Because still have some issues with ABS warping in larger prints. I can usually print smaller ABS well at the center of the bed using 100C temperature.

I tried using the display menu and set bed temp to 110C, but printer halted at 100C, because the limit is hardcoded in the firmware.

Is there a way to override bed temperature limit?

I don't have the original Marlin files anymore as they went when my laptop went. It would have been easier that way...
Re: override bed temperature limit without having to set everything up again?
May 20, 2020 10:41PM
Are you using Repetier Host? If so the issue may be there and not Marlin. I am running Marlin v2 and I don't see any way to change that.
However, if Repetier has a setting under configuration/printer settings/extruder for Max extruder and Max bed temps. You can create different configs and set it for each. You can also change it while connected to a printer but you must disconnect to change a different one.
There is probably similar settings in other control software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login