Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0x compile issue (odd)

Posted by jdebuhr 
Marlin 2.0x compile issue (odd)
May 17, 2020 07:19PM
I was makign some subtle changes on my print.. moving the Endstops form max to min, correcting the Stepper motor setting.. I had compiled it 3 times.. worked fine on print.

I when to recompile for a fourth time and I get an Error compiling for board RAMBo.

the last change I made was changing an endstop to -1 from 1

reset printer, computer restarted Arduino IDE.. still nothing but that error

I also have a Prusa Firmware printer, so I closed Marlin, opened the Prusa INO and want to try to just compile.. works fine

I saw the U8Glib.h errror, but it is onluy in one spot.. same with SPI as far as I can tell. I also deleted the temp folder arduino created with no luck

Tried to compile a couple other projects, they are just fine.. not sure what magically changed by going from 1 to -1

Attached is the log..

Thanks for any advice
Any suggestions?
Attachments:
open | download - MarlinError.txt (460.6 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.0x compile issue (odd)
May 17, 2020 07:41PM
as I found stated in an Arduino help file, you cannot simply rename a library folder. You must move it out of the library path. Try it and report back it they were correct.
May 17, 2020 08:04PM
ok.. I will try that.. BUT WHY did it work 2-3 times prior? nothing was added or changed to the libraries.. just the Configuration.h
May 17, 2020 08:28PM
Alright.. I think it was an error on my part in the code.. Yet I had to check it too many times to find it eye rolling smiley

Thanks for the advice. I missed uncommenting a setting which started this whole struggle of me fixing things

on a positive note I will upgrade to the latest Marlin now too..
May 17, 2020 08:34PM
jdebuhr
ok.. I will try that.. BUT WHY did it work 2-3 times prior? nothing was added or changed to the libraries.. just the Configuration.h

I have gone around the world chasing errors in Arduino compile. The answer is, wait for it, Arduino can't handle the Marlin project. Unless the errors are at the end of the compile and it does not compile, ignore them. PlatformIO is much better. I also can't figure out how to use it so I am stuck with Arduino.

FYI, There are a lot of changes in the latest Marlin. It isn't going to be like your last upgrade.
May 17, 2020 10:40PM
So I was at 2.0.2 now on 2.0.5.1

I am reconfiguring a RepRapGuru Printer.. the Acrylic frame sucks, but I will deal with it for now. I rebuilt the Extruder to match that of the Prusa MK2, just works for me.. anyway. waiting on a couple parts this week to finish it.

maybe by this time next year I will have a fully rebuilt printer.. LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login