Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Babystepping display digits

Posted by ruggb 
Babystepping display digits
May 20, 2020 07:28AM
Previous builds displayed Babystep with 3 digits .xxx which was perfect - it is BABY steps after all.
Now it is showing xx.xxx in the newest release. While looking for something else I stumbled upon something that indicated it would change the digits displayed, but I forgot where/what it was. I do not think it is in the config files and I have searched for "baby" in all the files but can't find it. It was associated with something else. Can anyone point me to it?
Re: Babystepping display digits
July 06, 2020 10:19AM
Since it is as you say babysteps, I would think the reason you are seeing whole numbers in addition to decimal numbers is because you have babystepped over the decimal limit, or, you have enabled the "#define BABYSTEP_ZPROBE_OFFSET" option and it is now showing you the babysteps taken plus what was already stored in M851.
July 06, 2020 10:37AM
I can confirm it happened to me also
I did not have #define BABYSTEP_ZPROBE_OFFSET defined and it is not in the latest update so it must have been a bug.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 10:39AM by dustinoff.
July 06, 2020 11:41AM
In Marlin/src/lcd/menu/menu.h you have

#if ENABLED(BABYSTEP_ZPROBE_OFFSET) && Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MIN >= -9 && Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX <= 9
  #define BABYSTEP_TO_STR(N) ftostr43sign(N)
#elif ENABLED(BABYSTEPPING)
  #define BABYSTEP_TO_STR(N) ftostr53sign(N)
#endif

which sets the size of the display as either ftostr43sign or ftostr53sign
ftostr43sign is +1.234 format
ftostr53sign is +12.345 format

so you can set what you want really easily. Just set a new ftostr{XY}sign from Marlin/src/libs/numtostr.cpp

ie one of these
ftostr41sign
ftostr43sign
ftostr54sign
ftostr51sign
ftostr52sign
ftostr53sign
ftostr4sign
July 06, 2020 05:22PM
Could the logic of the names be the first number is the total number of digits, and the second number is number of digits after(to the right of) decimal point? Are "ftostr33sign" or "ftostr22sign " valid options?
July 06, 2020 05:51PM
you figured it out. Dust never thought anyone would. It was suppose to be her secret.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 05:52PM by dustinoff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login