Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin keeps restart when I push the screen button

Posted by Cylx 
Marlin keeps restart when I push the screen button
July 07, 2020 05:38AM
Hi all. I am new here and also new for the 3d printers world. I have made a 3d printer by myself. everything seems ok but when I install marlin firmware I cant use the printer. while my printer is connected to my pover supply 12V 30A and when I push the button on the screen for selecting the menu items, marlin is restarting. But when I connect my computer with usb and power supply together, Its working fine

I am using Robotdyn arduino mega, robotdyn reprap, robotdyn DRV8825

When I install repetier there is no problem. It works fine

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2020 06:03AM by Cylx.
VDX
Re: Marlin keeps restart when I push the screen button
July 07, 2020 07:21AM
... seems, the +5V regulator on the Arduino isn't strong enough to support the display, so the 5V level drops below the "brown-out-reset" level of the Arduino ans it restarts.

When connencted to the PC, then the +5V from USB adds, so the power is sufficient ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 07, 2020 07:58AM
So, do you have any suggestion?

a guy on irc chat told me that there's a jumper on ramps to let the 12V supply generate 5V for the arduino and ramps, but I couldnt find any place to put the jumper
July 07, 2020 09:28AM
no jumper like that on mega / ramps, It automatically uses usb 5v when usb is plugged in. otherwise it uses the 5v regulator on the mega. Unfortunately the latter tends to be a 500ma regulator which is not sufficient for the ramps and some lcd's

I suspect the guy on irc is talking about D1, this takes the 12v supply feed into ramps and connects it to the vin pin of the mega, so the mega can generate 5v when usb is unplugged.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login