Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TMC2208 errors in Visual Studio

Posted by mistynow 
TMC2208 errors in Visual Studio
July 10, 2020 05:55AM
Hi guys I have been having a few probs with Visual Studio recently and can't seem to get to the bottom of it. First off I have no idea what the internal workings of VS are, I use it purely for Marlin and nothing else. I have used it several times for this without issue. However recently its been throwing up errors. My printer has BTT v1.3 with TMC2208 drivers UART mode, and I have used these for a while without issue with VS. However when I recently went to Marlin 2.0.5.3 i have had problems. They first manifested themselves when Marlin was uploaded to the printer everything appeared fine it loaded, all drivers appear in the LCD menu as normal, Pronterface showed all drivers as OK. But when I tried to test the motors through the LCD or Pronterface they wouldn't move or Auto Home, printer would then come up with a fail warning and reboot. I also have a BTT V1.4 here with TMC2209's, not in a printer yet but set up with Marlin 2.0.5.3 and motors which all seems to work fine, albeit with TMC error on the LCD. So I set Marlin for the BTT V1.4 with TMC2208's, But the same errors came up as on the BTT V1.3. It appears to me that the driver software for the TMC2208's for some reason are not being found by Visual Studio so not loading. Have attached a jpeg of the errors that come up while uploading to the printer. So I think the issue is probably with VS rather than Marlin, just my guess. Does anybody have any ideas on this. Oh I would add that out of desperation I uninstalled VS and did a fresh install, same problem.

Thanks Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2020 06:01AM by mistynow.
Attachments:
open | download - VS Error for TMC2208 Drivers.JPG (78.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login