Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to calibrate a gantry 3d printer

Posted by akilesh 
How to calibrate a gantry 3d printer
August 08, 2020 06:12AM
Hi guys i am building a gantry 3d printer i have no idea how to calibrate the bead leveling i am using marlin firmware and cura sciling software so this my cura start code in this [ibb.co] And of my printer [ibb.co] And also limit switch is in down so z axis go up for homing position any one help me out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 09:37AM by Ohmarinus.
Re: How to calibrate a gantry 3d printer
August 09, 2020 09:40AM
First of all, where is the info about this interesting machine? Understanding the configuration will also help understanding the setup of the machine.

Your Z-axis moves the wrong way? Where are the endstops located? Endstop configuration is a Marlin issue and needs to be set correctly in the firmware smiling smiley

I will move your post to the Marlin subforum and have edited the post so the links work. Also, include your Marlin Config and Config Advanced files so we can take a look.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 09, 2020 01:42PM
Bro All works good for my but i dont know how to calibrate the machine bed leveling like we do for small fdm machine. limit switch picture [ibb.co] and video [file.io] configuration h [pastebin.com] and do not change any thing in configuration advanced [pastebin.com] help me out

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 02:27PM by akilesh.
August 09, 2020 04:35PM
Do you have your Z-endstop plugged into the Z-min endstop position on the ramps board by any chance? It needs to be in the Z-max endstop position. Otherwise your config looks good as far as I can see.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
August 09, 2020 07:14PM
Help me out
How will i calibrate my bed leveling for this machine. The gap between nozzle and printing bed i dont know how to calibrate it bro help me out Thank you

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2020 03:23PM by akilesh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login