Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cant verify marlin 2.0.x to arduino Due

Posted by spirit18 
cant verify marlin 2.0.x to arduino Due
September 18, 2020 05:31AM
as the title says i cant verify marlin 2.0.x to a arduino Due

[github.com] here it says it supports the due.

DUE version 1.6.12
on the Arduino IDE (1.8.13) i keep getting the error

Arduino:1.8.13 (Windows Store 1.8.42.0) (Windows 10), Board:"Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

In file included from sketch\src\inc/../pins/pins.h:71:0,

from sketch\src\inc/MarlinConfig.h:32,

from sketch\src\MarlinCore.h:24,

from sketch\src\MarlinCore.cpp:31:

sketch\src\inc/../pins/ramps/pins_RAMPS.h:56:6: error: #error "Oops! Select 'Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560' in 'Tools > Board.'"

#error "Oops! Select 'Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560' in 'Tools > Board.'"

^

In file included from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../core/../inc/../pins/pins.h:71:0,

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../core/../inc/MarlinConfig.h:32,

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../core/serial.h:24,

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\DebugMonitor.cpp:25:

sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../core/../inc/../pins/ramps/pins_RAMPS.h:56:6: error: #error "Oops! Select 'Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560' in 'Tools > Board.'"

^

In file included from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../inc/../pins/pins.h:71:0,

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../inc/MarlinConfig.h:32,

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\HAL.cpp:29:

sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../inc/../pins/ramps/pins_RAMPS.h:56:6: error: #error "Oops! Select 'Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560' in 'Tools > Board.'"

^

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\HAL_SPI.cpp:40:

sketch\src\HAL\DUE\../../inc/../pins/ramps/pins_RAMPS.h:56:6: error: #error "Oops! Select 'Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560' in 'Tools > Board.'"

^

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\MarlinSerial.cpp:30:

^

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\InterruptVectors.cpp:35:

^

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\MarlinSerialUSB.cpp:30:

^

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\Servo.cpp:43:

^

from sketch\src\HAL\DUE\Tone.cpp:32:

^

exit status 1

Fout bij het compileren voor board Arduino Due (Programming Port)

Dit rapport zou meer informatie bevatten met
"Uitgebreide uitvoer weergeven tijden compilatie"
optie aan in Bestand -> Voorkeuren.

Re: cant verify marlin 2.0.x to arduino Due
September 18, 2020 01:21PM
First of all, the Arduino in the Windows Store is very buggy and is known to cause issues building Marlin. If you do want to continue using Arduino to compile Marlin (no longer recommended) you should download the standalone Arduino from arduino.cc.

A better option is to switch to using VSCode + PlatformIO as described in [marlinfw.org] - Arduino has severe limitations that the Marlin code base is running against.

However, it looks like your main issue is that you selected BOARD_RAMPS_14_* as your MOTHERBOARD, instead of the matching BOARD_RAMPS4DUE_*.
Re: cant verify marlin 2.0.x to arduino Due
September 18, 2020 02:45PM
sorry and nevermind after some searching i found it out, but its not realy clear if you ask me.

i used platformIO and pffff that also took me a while.
and i didnt know you need to select the correct MOTHERBOARD, wasnt clear at all!
i dont have a RAMPS board thats why i wasnt paying attention to the Motherboard and the stepper drivers i have run fine on 3.3v
i use arduino for many years now and i though that just selecting the DUE it would upload the code for the DUE.

oww thanks!!! about the fact you pointed about the Windows store IDE thats the reason why it runs so crappy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login