Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VSCode Setup & Installation for Ramps

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
VSCode Setup & Installation for Ramps
September 23, 2020 09:35AM
I am ready to start the installation of VSCode / PlatformIO venture again!

The first time I installed VSCode / PlatformIO was having problems problems with installing Visual Studio 2017-2019 as the windows registry somehow got really corrupted.
After many windows backups restores determined the the registry had somehow been corrupted about 2 years ago I restored a older version of my Windows 7 Pro.
Have a program that the company has changed owners and therefore will not allow me to reload with all plugins without repurchasing a newer more expensive version.
The previously restored version of Windows 7 Pro has this program plus plugins enact or would re-installed the Windows 10 ver-2004 from scratch.
Have been working on my windows 7 and Windows 10 and all loaded programs for weeks now. Wanted to rebuild my broken registry Windows 7 for Backup.

Would like to install this correctly the first time, when it was installed first time only compile one time them had problems every time after that.
This could have been for many reasons, including the corrupted registry. Though after weeks of restoring would like a finish.

If could learn how to install VSCode / PlatformIO and setup to compile any Marlin 2 from this site should be able to learn from there!!!!!!
Not sure why I am having such big problems with VSCode / PlatformIO for compiling Marlin 2 using Arduino Mega 2560 and Ramps 1.6
Have written programs for many platforms, Operation systems using many computer languages BORLAND, COBOL, FORTRAN ... OMNIS, Visual Studio, to name a few.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: VSCode Setup & Installation for Ramps
September 23, 2020 09:47AM
Try marlins auto build extention.

First download and install vscode visualstudio.com/download

Then jump to the auto build docs and follow them. auto build marlin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2020 09:48AM by Dust.
September 23, 2020 09:55AM
Thank You --- Dust

September 23, 2020 11:09AM
Still do not Under Stand, It complies with Arduino 1.8.8 IDE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2020 02:57PM by Roberts_Clif.

September 23, 2020 09:19PM
Is this an older marlin?
As everything before 2.0.6.1 no longer works on platfomio due to platformio core upgrades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2020 09:38PM by Dust.
September 23, 2020 09:28PM
What!!! Yes!!!

This is Marlin 2.0.6. will have to make another download, transfer all configuration changes across from Marlin 2.0.6 to Marlin 2.0.6.1.

September 23, 2020 10:12PM
OK!
I AM assuming it worked

PS D:\Desktop Items\Marlin\VS-Marlin\Marlin-2.0.6.1\Marlin-2.0.x> echo "done" >C:\Users\Clif\AppData\Local\Temp\ipc
PS D:\Desktop Items\Marlin\VS-Marlin\Marlin-2.0.6.1\Marlin-2.0.x>

April 30, 2021 08:08PM
I am again having problems with PlatformIO
This time it is while using Windows 7 Pro

I get to this point and it will not allow me to continue.

I have Python 3.8.9 - April 2, 2021 (32bit) installed if it is the correct type from this link

May 02, 2021 09:52AM
Finally got Marlin 2.0.7 working though still having problem importing Marlin 2.0.8.

Is there a simple tutorial to import or do I need a special Marlin 2.0.8 that is importable.

Finally GOT IT!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2021 10:50AM by Roberts_Clif.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login