Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where are STP and DIR pins written to in 2.0 marlin firmware?

Posted by Enerology 
Where are STP and DIR pins written to in 2.0 marlin firmware?
October 06, 2020 08:15PM
I am adding a high-frequency GPIO expander for my esp32 to control 8 extruders and need to know where the DIR and STP pins are written to in the firmware so I can intercept the data and inject custom code to write to the GPIO expander instead. This is for a custom multi-jet 3d printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2020 08:16PM by Enerology.
Re: Where are STP and DIR pins written to in 2.0 marlin firmware?
October 07, 2020 05:28AM
funnly enough in stepper.cpp

you might also want to take a look in indirection.h

has things like #define X_STEP_WRITE(STATE) WRITE(X_STEP_PIN,STATE) so might be a good place to implment your gpio expander stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 06:30AM by Dust.
October 07, 2020 06:24AM
Enerology
I am adding a high-frequency GPIO expander for my esp32 to control 8 extruders and need to know where the DIR and STP pins are written to in the firmware so I can intercept the data and inject custom code to write to the GPIO expander instead. This is for a custom multi-jet 3d printer.

Sounds like a super cool project by the way. Is there any documentation of the project available anywhere?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
October 07, 2020 12:27PM
Not yet, I am almost done with everything on the machine and the folks on the Discord 3D printing forums convinced me to do a complete showcase of the printer and post it to Youtube. The thing is a monster, it has 4 Steppers for the X, 4 for Y & 4 for Z and 8 for extruders. I have +60 stepper motors so I just wanted to do a insane build with some of them.
October 07, 2020 12:27PM
Thanks!
October 07, 2020 06:52PM
Enerology
Not yet, I am almost done with everything on the machine and the folks on the Discord 3D printing forums convinced me to do a complete showcase of the printer and post it to Youtube. The thing is a monster, it has 4 Steppers for the X, 4 for Y & 4 for Z and 8 for extruders. I have +60 stepper motors so I just wanted to do a insane build with some of them.

Wow!!!!

I know it is not done though could you post a single full size photo.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login