Where are STP and DIR pins written to in 2.0 marlin firmware?
October 06, 2020 08:15PM
I am adding a high-frequency GPIO expander for my esp32 to control 8 extruders and need to know where the DIR and STP pins are written to in the firmware so I can intercept the data and inject custom code to write to the GPIO expander instead. This is for a custom multi-jet 3d printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2020 08:16PM by Enerology.
Re: Where are STP and DIR pins written to in 2.0 marlin firmware?
October 07, 2020 05:28AM
funnly enough in stepper.cpp

you might also want to take a look in indirection.h

has things like #define X_STEP_WRITE(STATE) WRITE(X_STEP_PIN,STATE) so might be a good place to implment your gpio expander stuff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 06:30AM by Dust.
October 07, 2020 06:24AM
Enerology
I am adding a high-frequency GPIO expander for my esp32 to control 8 extruders and need to know where the DIR and STP pins are written to in the firmware so I can intercept the data and inject custom code to write to the GPIO expander instead. This is for a custom multi-jet 3d printer.

Sounds like a super cool project by the way. Is there any documentation of the project available anywhere?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
October 07, 2020 12:27PM
Not yet, I am almost done with everything on the machine and the folks on the Discord 3D printing forums convinced me to do a complete showcase of the printer and post it to Youtube. The thing is a monster, it has 4 Steppers for the X, 4 for Y & 4 for Z and 8 for extruders. I have +60 stepper motors so I just wanted to do a insane build with some of them.
October 07, 2020 12:27PM
Thanks!
October 07, 2020 06:52PM
Enerology
Not yet, I am almost done with everything on the machine and the folks on the Discord 3D printing forums convinced me to do a complete showcase of the printer and post it to Youtube. The thing is a monster, it has 4 Steppers for the X, 4 for Y & 4 for Z and 8 for extruders. I have +60 stepper motors so I just wanted to do a insane build with some of them.

Wow!!!!

I know it is not done though could you post a single full size photo.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login