Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin firmware for CNC router and laser

Posted by Plasmacut 
Marlin firmware for CNC router and laser
October 08, 2020 02:37PM
I am going to use Marlin firmware on my CNC3018 for milling or possibly laser also. My kit is: Arduino Mega 2560 R3, 12864 RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller, RAMPS 1.4. I am a newbee and not able configure Arduino IDE corectly. Therefore, I decided to use an already-made firmware. Please give me a link to Marlin based cartesian milling or laser machine project.
VDX
Re: Marlin firmware for CNC router and laser
October 08, 2020 04:17PM
... I've modified Pronterface for pastedispensing and laserengraving with specific "toolboxes" an camera-support for finding offsets and swapping between different tools/toolheads.

But it's meant to "cooperate" with Marlin4Due, which I've too modified to run smoothly with my special laser-drivers with variable pulsewidths for fine-adjusting the power.

So it's not an "out of the box" toolchain, but more optimized for my "special" kinds of tooling and file-handling/exchanging.

Could be an option to publish the sources ... but then you'll need someone, who will adjust it for your setup (not so trivial) -- as I'm too busy to make it in the next months ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
October 08, 2020 05:03PM
Many thanks. I will check them.
Also I find this [www.youtube.com]
His Marlin firmware works good, but there is a problem. As you can see he use D8/D9 Mosfet powered pins for two DC motors control. I've tested his firmaware. D8/D9 work good only from LCD menu, but not work under G-codes. I tried to use M03,M04, M106 with S parameters without any success. I sent my request to the author but he does not respond. I dont have any idea how to use it correctly. Would you please check his firmware to find a reason of this problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 05:04PM by Plasmacut.
VDX
October 08, 2020 05:22PM
... as already said, not so much time for diving into eye rolling smiley

Switching specific pins is done with the M42 command - could it be something with them instead of lasermodes?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

October 09, 2020 03:11AM
Yes, In the milling program I used: M42 P8 S100 or M42 P9 S240 codes for example. Pins D8 or D9 do not answer. M42 works if I use it for 4,5,6 pins. Pin 6 shows PWM, and Pins 4,5 - high or low level signals. If I try to switch these pins by M3 or M106 commands, they do not answer. Only M42 is applicable for these pins. I do not have any idea how to solve this problem. So I’m trying to find another reliable Marlin firmware for my CNC milling machine or change sketches in the above mentioned. Maybe you can give me advice in that situation?
VDX
October 09, 2020 06:15AM
... "predefined" pins are blocked/prohibited for the M42 command - so either use "free" pins or check the code, which define is predefining the D8/D9 pins ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login