Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G28 works but G29 fails with false triggered probe.

Posted by webberen 
G28 works but G29 fails with false triggered probe.
November 23, 2020 04:57PM
I have issues with my marlin 2.0.7.2.

It has worked fine before I got my final tmc2208 soldered to get rid of error all low with M122 running UART

BOARD BIGTREETECH SKR V1.4
X AND Y TMC2209'S (SENSORLESS HOMING)
Z AND E TMC2208

But now I get probing failed when it goes from a working G28 to the G29, if I do a reflash it will work one or two times. But whenever it doesn't work it says triggered even though it is not lighting up on the probe. And it can't be triggered manual with metal in this state.. I can run a G28 again and it will work perfectly. And an M119 all opened and if G29 is sent, it will move to the first corner, move the bed down, and fail.
Re: G28 works but G29 fails with false triggered probe.
November 23, 2020 10:26PM
diag pins (driver sensorless homing) are connected to endstop pins... if you have a stepper driver with a diag pin you to ensure it is not connected at same time as an enfstop or a probe in a endstop plug.

Some board have jumpers to disconnect the diag pin, other you need to cut the diag pins
Re: G28 works but G29 fails with false triggered probe.
November 24, 2020 12:51AM
The SKR v1.4 has the uart mode connected via the second row left set of pins where as the SKR v1.3 has the UART on the outside of the stepper driver sockets. All of this seems to be working fine. I can read, change values to it all. My TMC2208 doesn't have additional pins, like the TMC2209 have. And I have tried replacing the TMC2208 with a TMC2209, And bend out the diag pins, as you suggest.

The issue I am having is that, my probe works fine, just up to the point where the board receives G29, then somehow the pin connected to the probe (no matter which) goes low, and in triggered state, even though the probe isn't lighting, and no metal is near it.

Might try to start over with a fresh marlin, perhaps the bugfix version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login