Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wrong Temps with NTC 3950 100k Thermistor

Posted by Hoast 
Wrong Temps with NTC 3950 100k Thermistor
November 24, 2020 04:11PM
With the recent firmware for my SKR 1.1 Pro board I couldnt get the thermistor working properly. Its a NTC 3950 100K Thermistor and i am supposed to use this entry in FW:

11 : 100k beta 3950 1% thermistor (Used in Keenovo AC silicone mats and most Wanhao i3 machines) (4.7k pullup)

so my entry in FW looks like this:

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 11

For my older FW this worked as intended. Now, at room temp, the thermistor tells me like 100°C and i cant figure out, what is going wrong.

I know that there were changes made to all the thermistor tables, because the tables in my older FW (about 7 months old) are structured differently. And i can also tell that the thermistor is not broken. When i flash my older FW back on the mainboard, its working again. The other Thermistor (heatbed) which is a standard 100k thermistor using the entry

1 : 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)

is still working properly. Is anybody able to help me get the NTC 3950 back to work properly?
Re: Wrong Temps with NTC 3950 100k Thermistor
November 25, 2020 08:02AM
Well, i finally found out, what the problem was. And i didnt expect that. I downloaded the latest FW version here and there were some major changes made to the arrangement of the pin files for this board. In my older FW, all the pin settings for this board were in just one file. In the newer one, they were (probably because the newer SKR Pro 1.2) seperated into "pins_BTT_SKR_PRO_common.h" and "pins_BTT_SKR_PRO_V1_1.h" and inside of "pins_BTT_SKR_PRO_common.h" is the problem. Someone made this:

#define TEMP_0_PIN                          PF7   //PF4   // T1 <-> E0
#define TEMP_1_PIN                          PF5   // T2 <-> E1
#define TEMP_2_PIN                          PF6   // T3 <-> E2
#define TEMP_BED_PIN                        PF3   // T0 <-> Bed

But when u check the pins of the 1.1 Pro, u can see, that PF7 is part of the "extension pins" and PF4 is supposed to be the original pin for the thermistor and within the older FW PF4 was set to TEMP_0_PIN. So i changed it back to

#define TEMP_0_PIN                          PF4   // T1 <-> E0
#define TEMP_1_PIN                          PF5   // T2 <-> E1
#define TEMP_2_PIN                          PF6   // T3 <-> E2
#define TEMP_BED_PIN                        PF3   // T0 <-> Bed

Now at least this Problem is solved and my NTC 3950 is working as intended again. I am not sure, if PF7 set to TEMP_0_PIN is the way it should be and maybe this can help ppl who run into the same problem.
Re: Wrong Temps with NTC 3950 100k Thermistor
November 25, 2020 07:29PM
github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-PRO-V1.1 is not actual Marlin

It is a fork of Marlin created and maintained by bigtreetech

Its is also 2 months out of date... I strongly recommend you use real Marlin

Real Marlin does not have this error.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login