Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bltouch not retracting

Posted by fylith 
Bltouch not retracting
December 04, 2020 07:45AM
Hi, I am trying to get a bltouch working on my cr-10s v2 board. I have it installed and plugged in like the multitude of videos I watched and the instructions show.
My voltage is above 5v, the thing self-tests when the printer is turned on. I have set up the marlin software in many different ways that I found on the internet,
but when I auto-level it deploys the probe and starts to head down and if I don't shut off the power it will crash into the bed.
I put my finger under it to trigger it and the only thing that happens is my finger slowly pushes the probe back in, no snapping back no stopping.
I have tried everything I can find to do, so I thought it was defective and bought another one. this one does the same thing. it's got to be software right?

thanks for your time
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (90 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (144.8 KB)
Re: Bltouch not retracting
December 04, 2020 08:52AM
Most common issue is people plugging in the black and white cable in backwards or in the wrong place. so it never triggers.

Your config says #define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN So your black and white cable must be plugged into the Z_min endstop plug
you also have #define USE_PROBE_FOR_Z_HOMING commented out, this is incorrect.

The end stop plug for most boards has 3 pins, signal, gnd and +5
The black cable of the black and white cable must go to the gnd pin. The white cable must go to the Signal pin
December 04, 2020 10:46AM
Thanks, I do have the black and white plugged into the z min, seem only one way to plug in as the end has these tab thingy. I will try the #define USE_PROBE_FOR_Z_HOMING. I think I had done that one time but maybe not I will try it thanks so much.
December 04, 2020 05:45PM
Still no triggering. sad smiley any other ideas? again thanks so much
December 05, 2020 07:37AM
When you first apply power to your 3D Printer does the BL-Touch properly preform its initialization.

[reprap.org]

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
December 05, 2020 10:41AM
yes, it lights up red with a blue led inside drops the probe and then retracts the probe. the light stays solid red.
Attachments:
open | download - Bltouch wiring.jpg (191.2 KB)
open | download - Bltouch startup.gif (723.1 KB)
open | download - Bltouch no trigger.3gp (108.2 KB)
December 05, 2020 04:50PM
Looking At the Photo below the wiring could be reversed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 04:51PM by Roberts_Clif.

December 05, 2020 06:26PM
You are amazing! I did not even look at that as the plug could only go in one way. I rewired it to the correct spot and it worked oh thank you so much!
December 05, 2020 07:43PM
Dust knows all about 3D Printers.
Sometimes is it easier to understand if you can see the problem rather than trying to visualize it.

An you are welcome from all of us who post to help you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 08:13PM by Roberts_Clif.

December 05, 2020 08:40PM
Yes, I am sorry I appreciate Dust's participation as well. thank you for your help Dust. I don't think it would have worked without your help.
I should have added the motherboard pictures at the beginning but I thought it just "Had" to be software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login