Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to establish 0,0,0 in marlin.

Posted by roontoon 
How to establish 0,0,0 in marlin.
December 16, 2020 02:41PM
Setting up Marlin 2.x.x on my CoreXY Hypercube build and where do you establish "home" in congiguration.h . When I do a G28 to test the print head goes as expected to the front left of the print bed. But it then goes to the center of the bed. Not sure what I have screwed up. I want the print head to end up at the front left and that spot being 0,0,0. Thanks for any help.
VDX
Re: How to establish 0,0,0 in marlin.
December 16, 2020 04:48PM
... search for "Homing Options" or something like "# define HOME_POS" - [marlinfw.org]

A workaround would be G28 and then "G92 X0 Y0 Z0" to manually set the homing position to 0,0,0 ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 16, 2020 05:16PM
VDX
... search for "Homing Options" or something like "# define HOME_POS" - [marlinfw.org]

A workaround would be G28 and then "G92 X0 Y0 Z0" to manually set the homing position to 0,0,0 ...

I all ready have these set.

// Manually set the home position. Leave these undefined for automatic settings.
// For DELTA this is the top-center of the Cartesian print volume.
#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0
December 16, 2020 11:10PM
Z_SAFE_HOMING moves X,Y to center of bed to home Z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2020 11:10PM by Dust.
January 07, 2021 03:16PM
This is due to a misunderstanding of what "homing" means. Homing does not mean "go to 0,0,0", it means "find out where 0,0,0 is". Whether the nozzle will actually end up at 0,0,0 at the end of homing is very unlikely, however after homing Marlin will know where the nozzle is. If then you execute a "G0 X0 Y0" the nozzle should then correctly go to the 0,0 point (which should be the front left corner of the print bed).
VDX
January 08, 2021 02:22AM
... homing could even be at a different position than 0,0,0 -- with my dispensers (fixed bed, moving portal) and Marlin4Due ist mostly like "0,300,70" - so it will home at the left back side with the head 70mm above the bed ... and when executing "G0 X0 Y0 Z0" it will move to left front side, touching the bed surface ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 02:22AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login