Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.8.13 Compliling errors

Posted by hradford5 
Marlin 1.8.13 Compliling errors
January 09, 2021 03:48PM
I am wanting to upgrade an Ender 3 to use an EZABL Pro, so it can have mesh bed leveling. I figured I'd make a copy of the Marlin folder I used when i upgraded, for a TFT touchscreen. Then I could make the changes needed, but still have the old file, in case I screwed something up (in many ways, I don't understand, exactly, what I'm doing when it comes to Marlin).
So, after making the proscribed changes I tried to verify and got a bunch of errors.

I opened the old file and verified it and got a bunch of errors on it as well! This is the file that I verified and uploaded to the printer last year, with no problems. I don't believe I have made any changes to this file. What can cause this?

Also, is there anywhere that I could learn how to understand the error messages and how to fix them?
Re: Marlin 1.8.13 Compliling errors
January 09, 2021 05:50PM
1) stop using Arduino IDE, it cannot handle marlin anymore as it got to large. Use vscode and platformio [marlinfw.org]

2) there seems to be something wrong with your E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN definition in your Configuration_adv.h
January 09, 2021 06:06PM
Thank you, I will download & install them right now.
January 09, 2021 07:21PM
Dust
1) stop using Arduino IDE, it cannot handle marlin anymore as it got to large. Use vscode and platformio [marlinfw.org]

2) there seems to be something wrong with your E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN definition in your Configuration_adv.h

Using Vscode with PlatformIO worked! It compiled with no trouble.

Thank you Dust

Now on to the upload smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login