Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home Offset Problem

Posted by masusaca 
Home Offset Problem
January 11, 2021 01:49AM
I'm having a lot of trouble with Marlin 2.0 The first problem I have is that the temp for the extruder is not getting display when heating. It stay stuck at 40.

The heatingbed sometimes failed and I have to restart the printer. To fix it I have to upload the firmware again.
The error it display is "bed heating failed printer halted please reset".

The other problem is that I watched a lot of videos on how to home offset the printer and it never works.
When I auto home or if I do it from the PC using Pronterface it goes to different places almost always as if it doesn't even have an actual home offset.
Apart from that the z axis always goes down pushing the bed. I try adjusting it so it doesn't do that, but it's like it the endstop wont affect it until it's fully pushed with pressure.
Now if I try to auto home the z axis goes all the way up and I have to stop it before hitting the end.

The printer I have is an old one that I have not used for a long time. It has the Avnet 1.0V board.
I attached the configuration.h and configuration.adv.h files.

Also, where can I get those plastic things that wraps around the rod to hold the endstop? Since the z axis has been pushing the endstop down with force it's breaking the plastic. I have not idea where to
get that (mostly they are 3d file and I can't print it because of the issues). It looks something like this from this image.
The piece has that wide open are where the rod goes and one small hole for a screw to keep it tight and two more at the end for the endstop (the above image looks like it has some more stuff going on).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2021 01:51AM by masusaca.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (93.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (147.6 KB)
Re: Home Offset Problem
January 12, 2021 12:54AM
I fixed the error. Also, the Z axis endstop mount was damaged, thus causing the extruder to continue going down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login