Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laserfirmware for SKR V1.3 , TMC2208 and TFT53

Posted by derschutzhund 
Laserfirmware for SKR V1.3 , TMC2208 and TFT53
January 14, 2021 02:32PM
Hi everyone!
For a few days I have been converting a K40 to a SKR V1.3 with TMC2208 and TFT35 controlled by Lightburn.
With the Smoothie firmware it is now running quite well, only the TMC2208 cannot be configured via UART and the TFT35 shows the message "Printer not connected".
Now I wanted to try if it works better with Marlin 2.0.x
I control PWM via pin 2.0 (Servopin)
Laser on / off via pin 2.4 (HE1)
With Lightburn I can control Marlin-bugfix-2.0.x and move the motors, but can someone tell me where the pins are defined as described?

regards

Wolfgang
VDX
Re: Laserfirmware for SKR V1.3 , TMC2208 and TFT53
January 14, 2021 03:39PM
Hi Wolfgang,

I've built several systems with Marlin4Due (ArduinoDue+RADDS+RAPS128) -- my much simpler methode for generating the pulses is to use the extruder-motor STEP signal - it's totally speed-synchrone and is only emitted with G1-moves, so no laser-ON/OFF-hassles smoking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 14, 2021 04:19PM
Ok, then I'll go to an extruder clock output for PWM.
How do I then have to adapt the firmware for the SKR?
VDX
January 14, 2021 04:51PM
... what's different with the SKR compared to a common GRBL-derived firmware like Marlin4Due?

Could be, you can use the standard firmware, if the G-code from the PC-software handles moves with G0 and G1 moves.

I'be modified one of the 3D-printing programs (Pronterface) to better work with this sort of mechanics -- it's essentially removing all temperature relevant stuff and adding some "tool-boxes" for special tasks, camera-teaching and maintaining two tools an a camera with offsets and machine-positions for different origins, service and "parking" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 14, 2021 05:28PM
Is there anyone here who works with lightburn?
January 14, 2021 07:49PM
Installed it, and withing 30 seconds found
Edit | device settings

On that screen is

So if your using M106/107 you need to set FAN_PIN to the PWM pin It is presumed to always be enabled
You probably want M03/M05 or inline then you setup in marlin_configuration_adv.h with enable LASER_FEATURE (and check everything in that section)

You set the pins you need with
#define SPINDLE_LASER_ENA_PIN P2_04
#define SPINDLE_LASER_PWM_PIN P2_00
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login