Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABL final calibration, missing menu items, and more confusion

Posted by Overloaded 
ABL final calibration, missing menu items, and more confusion
January 15, 2021 12:28AM
I'm trying to get my Ender 3 V2 working again after installing a BLTouch. It seems like the bed's not quite level, and I don't know if the BL Touch is supposed to be closing the last little gap or if I missed a step for final calibration, but every tutorial I can find seems to have the user using menu options that I don't have. I don't understand why my LCD menu doesn't have "babystepping" or "corner leveling" options because it sure looks like they're turned on.

Then, out of desperation, I thought maybe I could use an Octoprint plugin to do the final calibration. I found one and started reading the requirements HERE, but that lead me to realize that I don't have a "Probe Edge" options in my configs at all! Even the stock ones I just downloaded for 2.0.7! None of these are present:

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 190
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 180
On Marlin 2.x, #define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 15

And HERE it looks like the last one should be. confused smiley

The more I work on this, the more confused I get, and the more I regret this darn "upgrade".

PLEASE HELP ME!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (89.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (141.4 KB)
Re: ABL final calibration, missing menu items, and more confusion
January 15, 2021 01:46AM
Depends on version of marlin you running

Those keywords are from pre marlin 2.0.0

from 2.0.0 to 2.0.6

elif defined(LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION)
  #error "LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION has been replaced by MIN_PROBE_EDGE_LEFT. Please update your configuration."
#elif defined(RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION)
  #error "RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION has been replaced by MIN_PROBE_EDGE_RIGHT. Please update your configuration."
#elif defined(FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION)
  #error "FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION has been replaced by MIN_PROBE_EDGE_FRONT. Please update your configuration."
#elif defined(BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION)
  #error "BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION has been replaced by MIN_PROBE_EDGE_BACK. Please update your configuration.
#elif defined(MIN_PROBE_EDGE)
  #error "MIN_PROBE_EDGE is now called PROBING_MARGIN. Please update your configuration."

After 2.0.6 it got renamed again

#elif defined(MIN_PROBE_EDGE_LEFT)
  #error "MIN_PROBE_EDGE_LEFT is now called PROBING_MARGIN_LEFT. Please update your configuration."
#elif defined(MIN_PROBE_EDGE_RIGHT)
  #error "MIN_PROBE_EDGE_RIGHT is now called PROBING_MARGIN_RIGHT. Please update your configuration."
#elif defined(MIN_PROBE_EDGE_FRONT)
  #error "MIN_PROBE_EDGE_FRONT is now called PROBING_MARGIN_FRONT. Please update your configuration."
#elif defined(MIN_PROBE_EDGE_BACK)
  #error "MIN_PROBE_EDGE_BACK is now called PROBING_MARGIN_BACK. Please update your configuration."

Also note that measurement for PROBING_MARGIN_LEFT, PROBING_MARGIN_RIGHT, PROBING_MARGIN_FRONT and PROBING_MARGIN_BACK are relative to each edge, not from the origin.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2021 03:11AM by Dust.
January 15, 2021 03:01AM
And yes the documentation is out of date.. I have created a pr to correct that [github.com]
January 15, 2021 03:26AM
Well, that solves that question; Thank you for the reply Dust. Any idea why I can't get the "Level Bed Corner" or "Assisted Tramming" or "Babystepping" menu options to show up on my LCD? I have my offsets programmed and the printer DOES seem to go through the auto-level process, so should it be printing level now?

Thanks again!
January 15, 2021 04:11AM
You have DWIN_CREALITY_LCD enabled.

This is a smart screen, it is its own little controller and has its own firmware. Marlin just talks a serial protocol to it, along the lines of display screen_2, wait for click...

Unfortunately at this time it lacks several features.

These must be added into the LCD and marlin...
January 16, 2021 01:10PM
Dust
You have DWIN_CREALITY_LCD enabled.

This is a smart screen, it is its own little controller and has its own firmware. Marlin just talks a serial protocol to it, along the lines of display screen_2, wait for click...

Unfortunately at this time it lacks several features.

These must be added into the LCD and marlin...

Thanks again Dust. I just don't get how these features work in the Smith3D firmware, but not when I enable them through Vanilla Marlin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login