Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extreme irratic Z axis behaviour with TMC2209

Posted by saintofinternet 
extreme irratic Z axis behaviour with TMC2209
January 21, 2021 11:24PM
I have built a Hypercube Evolution CoreXY printer and was running it using the 2560+RAMPS 1.4 for last 2 years.

Since I installed the TMC2209 and a SKR 1.4 turbo life has been a nightmare with the Z axis.

I am using a Capacitive Proximity Probe which was being earlier used on the RAMPS 1.4 and worked flawlessly.

Now since the SKR 1.4 Turbo board and the TMC2209 I have enabled sensorless homing for the X and Y only.

for the Z axis driver I have removed the Diag Pin on the TMC2209 Driver.

From day on on the SKR 1.4 + TMC2209 the Z axis homing as been very very very erratic.

At times it just does not home. At times it goes in opposite direction. At times it just increases the gap between the bed and the nozzel just before the print starts.

When the machine is started for the first time the M119 reports the Z Axis as OPEN.... and then when I execute the HOME command the bed does travel in -1 towards the probe. Then the Status of the Z Axis is "TRIGGERED" and then even if I move the bed away from the Probe... the Z Axis remains in "TRIGGERED" MODE.

I am really frustrated that a perfectly working machine on the 2560+RAMPS 1.4 was upgraded to this SKR 1.4 Turbo with TMC2209... and it's all hell let loose condition.

Attaching the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h files to this post.

Please request help on this.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (94.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (147.5 KB)
Re: extreme irratic Z axis behaviour with TMC2209
March 06, 2021 09:09AM
Where did you connect the Capacitive Proximity Probe? Did you remove the DIAG pin from the driver you are using for the z-axis?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login