Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD init fail error

Posted by axg20202 
SD init fail error
January 25, 2021 02:26PM
Hi,

I've compiled new firmware using the current Marlin v2 bugfix. It builds fine, but my printer (Ender 3 with SKR Mini E3 1.2 board) shows an SD Init Fail message on startup with no SD card inserted. If I uncomment "//#define SD_IGNORE_AT_STARTUP" will it fix this issue? Also, does uncommenting this line prevent firmware flashes using the on-board SD slot? I'm concerned that changing the SD settings might prevent me from reflashing the firmware - firmware flashing methods are limited on this board.

Thanks.
Re: SD init fail error
January 25, 2021 07:54PM
No settings you set in marlin make any different to the bootloader and re-flashing.

It is a separate program that is runs before Marlin.
Re: SD init fail error
January 26, 2021 05:02AM
Dust
No settings you set in marlin make any different to the bootloader and re-flashing.
It is a separate program that is runs before Marlin.

Much appreciated. I suspected this might be the case but didn’t want to be proven wrong and find out the hard way! This ‘ignore SD at startup’ looks like a new item in Marlin. It surely has to disable an M21 command being issued during boot, which I’m reasonably sure is what causes the error. It’s trying to mount an SD card that isn’t present.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login