Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what is the command that can be used to turn the extruder on to start printing at a particular print speed? And what will be the subsequent command to turn it off? I am looking for these commands for Marlin firmware
VDX
Re: Commands for turning on the extruder at a particular print speed and then turning off?
January 28, 2021 09:15AM
... I'm normally setting the "extruder-speed" indirekt with the moving speed -- it's the E-parameter (pulses per mm) distributed over the line-length for the actual G1-move ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2021 09:18AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
My system does not have the motors of X, Y and Z axes. It only consists of an extruder motor with a BMG M extruder and a mosquito hot end connected to it. What I am trying to do is to start printing upon receiving some external signal in MATLAB. The question is what command should I send to Arduino serial monitor to start printing and what command should I send to stop printing? I hope you understand my question.
VDX
Re: Commands for turning on the extruder at a particular print speed and then turning off?
January 28, 2021 10:23AM
... then it will be easier, if you connect the STEP-pin to a free Output-pin and drive it by a specific PWM frequency ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login