Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linear Advance not Working, M900 not Recognized

Posted by Mj48 
Linear Advance not Working, M900 not Recognized
February 07, 2021 02:38PM
Hello there. I'm new in this forum and don't know if my issue is a bug, so I'm posting here.

Basically, after recently configuring and updating my printer to Marlin 2.0.7.2, I tried enabling the Linear Advance feature. At first, there would be the following compile error if #define LIN_ADVANCE was uncommented.

I therefore downloaded Marlin 2.0.7.2 with bug fixes (bugfix- 2.0.x) on the 06/02/2021, and replaced the generic Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h files with the ones I had previously edited (also attached to this post). The code then compiled (with no errors this time) and uploaded. I started printing the Marlin K-factor calibration Pattern, but while printing the 3D printer kept sending an error saying it did not recognize the command M900 (The one used to set the K-factor), and by the end of the print all the calibration lines looked the same, despite I have #define LIN_ADVANCE uncommented/enabled.

In Short:
- LIN_ADVANCE is enabled but M900 is not recognized while printing. I am using Marlin 2.0.7.0 bugfix.

I hope I made myself clear and that someone can help me to solve this. smiling smiley
Thank you

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2021 05:03AM by Mj48.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (88.3 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (142.3 KB)
Re: Linear Advance not Working, M900 not Recognized
February 07, 2021 11:57PM
you can't expect any changes to tale effect when it doesn't even compile...

The imaging you show indicated it did not compile, so the firmware was not changed.

There is a bug with platfomio under windows at the moment [github.com]

Ether upgrade to dev version of paltformio or wait till next release

BTW bugfix- 1.1.x has nothing to do with version 2 of marlin.
February 08, 2021 04:58AM
Hello, and thank you for your help. I meant bugfix-2.0.x.
The bugfix did compile and upload with #define LIN_ADVANCE enabled, but the 3d printer still doesn't recognize M900.
February 08, 2021 06:15AM
That is impossible

the code is literally
#if ENABLED(LIN_ADVANCE)
        case 900: M900(); break;                                  // M900: Set advance K factor.
      #endif
February 09, 2021 09:20AM
Indeed, the problem was not Marlin.

I guess this is more or less what was happening before:
For some reason Platformio showed it was compiling the code, although it wasn't because basic compile errors such as using an old configuration.h file weren't being detected. Then, something would get uploaded to the board, as the onboard rt and tx leds would flash for quite a while, but probably this was an old binary file, as nothing changed with the printer before/after the upload. eye popping smiley

At some point, Platformio upload and compile buttons completely dissapeared, and so I re-installed VS code (only re-intalling the extension didn't fix this). After re-installing visual studio, the code actually compiled and uploaded, and now the new settings are working.

Thank you for your help and time winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login