Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X and Y Homing doesn't move all the way to the switch

Posted by zero_mc_null 
X and Y Homing doesn't move all the way to the switch
February 28, 2021 11:38AM
Hi,
I'm building a AM8 frame with a SKR1.4 turbo board with Marlin "2.0.5.4" and TMC2130 silient stepper driver and a 230V heated bed.
So far so good. All the steppers work, the bed heats (135°C max) the extruder heats. BL-Touch works.

The homing switches work too, except if the x-axis is all the way to the right (switch is left) and the y-axis is all the way forward (switch is in the back)
When I start the homing and the x and y axis are aprox. in the middle of their respective travel ranges - the homing works.

When they are the maximum distance away from the switches, the homing procedure stops message "homing failed printer halted..." is displayed.

Is there a config setting where I can tell marlin how far it can move during homing?

Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2021 12:05PM by zero_mc_null.
Re: X and Y Homing doesn't move all the way to the switch
February 28, 2021 03:28PM
Homing uses the bed size and the steps/mm and the microstepping.

It moves a distance > than the bed size and if it doesn't hit an endstop it errors.
March 01, 2021 03:55AM
Thanks that makes sense.
I will check if the stepper move the distance with "Manual - Move Axis"
April 13, 2021 09:33AM
The problem was the steps/per mm. It seems once the eeprom (flash or whatever) on the skr is initialized, it doesn't uses the value you set in marlin, it use what is stored in eeprom.

I changed the steps per mm to the correct value directly in the menu.

Now it works.

Thanks for your help!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2021 10:14AM by zero_mc_null.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login