Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin doesn't delete power loss recovery file after G29...

Posted by R23D 
Marlin doesn't delete power loss recovery file after G29...
March 06, 2021 03:01AM
Hi. I am using Marlin 1.1.9 on a Creality Melzi 1.1.4 board (CR-10 Mini printer). I have recently recompiled Marlin and fitted a BL-Touch compatible probe to my machine and while it appears to be working 100% correctly during homing and probing activities, I have a weird issue. Whenever I include a G29 probing command in my gcode and run it on the printer, on completion, the printer fails to delete the power loss recovery BIN file from the SD card, resulting in my having to answer as to whether I want to continue printing the file or not each time on re-powering-up. I do not know whether this is just a harmless 'glitch' in the firmware (and I know I can throw in an M30 command to delete it in my final gcode) or if I should be worried that this is indicative of the fact that the G29 probing command is not generating a proper mesh and thus not completing properly. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. smiling smiley
Re: Marlin doesn't delete power loss recovery file after G29...
March 06, 2021 05:29AM
Marlin 1.1.9 is obsolete, no further development is being done on this branch.

You need to upgrade to Marlin 2, but it barely fits in a melzi anymore, so you need to update your controller to something better. 32bit, larger flash
March 06, 2021 05:37AM
Yeah... I get that it isn't the latest version. I am using it BECAUSE it fits on my printer's board. I'm very happy with my limited space and even enjoy the challenge of making the features I want/need fit... no plans to upgrade my perfectly good working board in the immediate future... maybe one day.
March 06, 2021 07:47AM
When I was using Marlin 1.1.9 found that many errors caused minor problems this is why I changed to Marlin 1.1.9BF.
This fixed the bugs in Marlin 1.1.9 allowing me to use this version for quite some time.

Then finally I upgraded to Marlin 2 newer versions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2021 08:02AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
March 06, 2021 09:13AM
Thanks Roberts_Clif. I started off using the bug fix version but reverted back to the main release for reasons I can't remember at this point... I started this exercise over 1 month ago. Solving the little problems along the way has taken that long! I think it caused me some other issue from memory and so a changed over to 1.1.9. I may give the bug fix version another go though. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2021 09:14AM by R23D.
March 06, 2021 06:13PM
Believe me I had to trim some of the functions to get it to fit

//#define DISABLE_M503 // Saves ~2700 bytes of PROGMEM. Disable for release!

There are more that we can live without.
Changing from Arduino IDE to PlatformIO > Marlin Auto build will also save memory.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2021 06:39PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login