Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting Probe Speed

Posted by rq3 
rq3
Setting Probe Speed
March 10, 2021 02:53PM
I have Marlin 2.0.7.2 installed on an Anycubic Predator delta. I have the "pause for deploy/stow" function turned off in configuration.h as I am using a permanently mounted piezo sensor under the bed. When I start an M48 probe repeatability test, a delta auto-calibration, or bed leveling, the unit homes fine. Then it descends at a good speed to where it used to stop and ask for a probe deployment. It doesn't do that anymore (good), but it does slow down at that point, 300 millimeters or so above the bed, and proceed down at the probing speed (very slow).

Is there a way to make the machine go to within a few millimeters of the bed, and THEN slow down to probe? I'm sure I'm missing something in the configuration files, but darned if I can find it!
rq3
Re: Setting Probe Speed
March 12, 2021 07:11PM
Anyone? How to get a delta to go quickly from top homed position, to within about 5 millimeters of the bed, and probe slowly from there?
rq3
Re: Setting Probe Speed
March 14, 2021 03:56PM
I have discovered that if I disable multiple probing, Marlin "kind of" works as expected. It goes at the full homing speed to the distance from the bed specified, and probes once, slowly, from there.
It would be neat if it would also act that way with multiple probing enabled, but it doesn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login