Dumping filament in corner on 2nd print
April 27, 2021 06:16PM
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a problem that I'm hoping some gurus out there can assist with. Here it is in a nutshell:

1st print is fine, no issues at all
Clean build plate and start 2nd print
system goes through bed leveling routine
Nozzle retreats to back right corner of build plate and begins dumping filament and increasing in Z-axis height alternately
--- dump, up, dump, up, dump, up, etc.

The system must be completely shut down and powered off after every print. The only good print is the first one after powering the system back on.

I've attached the serial and octoprint logs if anyone wants to review them. If the system is in safe mode I get the same response.
I've seen mention of this on a different topic but don't have the acumen to determine if this is the cause and don't want to do a workaround fix through the slicer if at all possible. I'm hoping someone can identify the issue and how to permanently rectify it off the logs or give a good direction I can start drilling down in.

Thanks all!
Attachments:
open | download - serial.log (4.8 KB)
open | download - octoprint.log (15.7 KB)
Re: Dumping filament in corner on 2nd print
April 29, 2021 08:04AM
There is an open bug with fix for something like this that sounds very similar. I also have had issues with the second homing operation.

If you also try the test of opening a serial connection (if you can) and execute a G28 multiple times and see how it behaves, that would confirm if it is same issue or not. If it is, please vote it up or comment on it as it is taking a while to get @thinkyhead to believe it is an issue.

GitHubPullRequest

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2021 08:18AM by NovaHuta.
Re: Dumping filament in corner on 2nd print
April 29, 2021 01:26PM
Thanks NovaHuta, unfortunately, this is not a head crashing issue since the head goes exactly where it should up until the start of the second print at which point it stalls instead of crashing. By stall I mean that after the final level test the head simply stays there as if the X and Y steppers are disabled and then dumps filament.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login