Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.8

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
Marlin 2.0.8
May 03, 2021 03:10PM
My Question is a simple one though not sure if what I believe is true.

If I keep using the same settings for different versions of Marlin without new and added features the compiler will almost always compile the same.
If I change features that Marlin has updated or if it includes bug fixes then the compiled firmware will be different.

Is my thinking correct or incorrect for a simple Adruino Mega 2560 with a Ramps compatible controller.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Marlin 2.0.8
May 04, 2021 07:06AM
Unfortunately keyword for common things sometimes change between versions.

So you cannot use same older config on newer marlins

many are checked for in [github.com]

egs
#elif defined(XY_TRAVEL_SPEED)
#error "XY_TRAVEL_SPEED is now XY_PROBE_FEEDRATE."
#elif defined(XY_PROBE_SPEED)
#error "XY_PROBE_SPEED is now XY_PROBE_FEEDRATE."
#elif defined(Z_PROBE_SPEED_FAST)
#error "Z_PROBE_SPEED_FAST is now Z_PROBE_FEEDRATE_FAST."
#elif defined(Z_PROBE_SPEED_SLOW)
#error "Z_PROBE_SPEED_SLOW is now Z_PROBE_FEEDRATE_SLOW."
May 04, 2021 07:07AM
Also the config files have version numbers, to ensure your using correct version for your marlin
May 04, 2021 08:00AM
Thank you Dust

Just because the keywords change does not mean that the operation of the compiled firmware changes.

I know I have hear this before Though the question?
Is there anyway to compile Marlin 1.1.9BF using Visual Studio Code.
If so could you point me to the steps required for the process.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2021 10:26AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
May 04, 2021 04:56PM
Does any one have the configuration files for Ender 5 with 4.2.7 motherboard with BL touch enabled and using the adapter board. (as a bin file would be even better to get me going)

The reason I ask is that the one provided in Marlin Github configuration is not working for me most likely because I have not covered all the configuration changes required.

1.Initialize EEPROM error

2.Auto Home puts the nozzle in the centre but the X and Y offsets are 220 on the LCD screen

3.I get the M112 error when I Auto Home and it try's to put the nozzle through the bed when I try to set the z offset to 0 see point 4 below. I am using the Creality adapter board so I suspect that it is trying to home on the Z end stop switch. Do I need to insert #define SERVO0_pin 27 is there any other setting to disable the Z end stop switch

4. There is no option to turn on and off BLT from the LCD so I can set the Z offset to zero and then set the probe offset. When I set the Z offset to 000 it try's to put the nozzle though the bed (I need to set it to +3) I did think of setting to 3 and move X and Y to the home position in the back right corner and "use set home offsets" but I am not sure if this will mess up set home position which centres the nozzle on the bed.

5..I set #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 80, 80, 1600, 139 } (as I upgraded the lead screw) but the LCD still shows { 80, 80, 400, 93 } so It looks perhaps if the marlin code compiled using a default and not the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h that I changed. using VSC / PlatformIO with Marlin Auto Build to compile.

With the Creality software for Ender 5 and BLtouch with adapter board it works fine but it is Marline 1.3.1.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login