Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.8 Initialize EEPROM Ignore/Reset and BLTouch

Posted by sjgc 
Marlin 2.0.8 Initialize EEPROM Ignore/Reset and BLTouch
May 05, 2021 01:22AM
I posted earlier but in the wrong place, my apologies and I hope this post makes more sense

I have three problems and one observation, the first of which which I think is caused by the second.

1. The compiled marlin 2.0.8 appears to be ignoring my configuration files, e.g. I set baby steps and the Z steps to 1600 per minute but the LCD is showing a default of 400 and when the nozzle was centre on the bed the X and Y offset showed as 220 on the LCD.

2. Initialize EEPROM error with RESET ignore error - Does this mean that my configurations are not being saved hence problem 1 above

3. What configurations do I need to change for BLTouch using the Creality BLTouch kit with the adapter card. I have an Ender 5 with a 4.2.7 motherboard, I have made some changes but I have not yet found a definitive list of all necessary changes that need to be made for this setup. If anyone has the configuration files for this particular setup it would be appreciated.

4. Due to perhaps a combination of 1 and 3 above I did get a M112 error when ran Auto Home and I noticed that there is no option to turn on and off BLTouch in the LCD menu which means that I would not be able so of the guides on setting the Z probe offset. This was before I realised that the BLTouch settings I did apply along with others may not have been applied

I am running VSC with PlatformIO and used the Marlin Auto Build and the supplied configuration files for my setup as the base.

Using the stock Creality firmware works as expected with BLTouch but it is only Marlin 1.3.1 and I want to use new version to enable G2 G3 commands and 16 pint levelling as my be is not very flat

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login