Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin M600, split functions

Posted by jumbo125 
Marlin M600, split functions
May 24, 2021 10:59AM
Hello
I use Marlin 2.0.7 and it works great for me, BUT
If my printer detect runout of filament, it do some confused steps.....
this is the procedere:

1. End of Filament, the filament detector check Runout.
2. The noozl go to park position
3. On the LCD display can i chosse "Heat noozle"
4. Then Load filament.
-----All functions work great
5. On the display are two options: Purge more filament or continue
6. I click on continue, cause the filament is already in the noozle.
7. (Now comes the Problem) The noozle goes from the par-position to the last print-position. BUT on the little way from the park-position to the "restart" point, the extruder extruded a little bit filament. This goes out of the noozle and will be stay on the way.
8. continue the printing

Now my question: where can i define the little sequenze, from the park station-to-the-continue-point? I don't want any extrusion during this few seconds(during the drive from the park-position to the print object).
i use the Ender 3 Max

#define ADVANCED_PAUSE_FEATURE
#if ENABLED(ADVANCED_PAUSE_FEATURE)
  #define PAUSE_PARK_RETRACT_FEEDRATE         60  // (mm/s) Initial retract feedrate.
  #define PAUSE_PARK_RETRACT_LENGTH            2  // (mm) Initial retract.
                                                  // This short retract is done immediately, before parking the nozzle.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_UNLOAD_FEEDRATE     20  // (mm/s) Unload filament feedrate. This can be pretty fast.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_UNLOAD_ACCEL        25  // (mm/s^2) Lower acceleration may allow a faster feedrate.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_UNLOAD_LENGTH      100  // (mm) The length of filament for a complete unload.
                                                  //   For Bowden, the full length of the tube and nozzle.
                                                  //   For direct drive, the full length of the nozzle.
                                                  //   Set to 0 for manual unloading.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_SLOW_LOAD_FEEDRATE   6  // (mm/s) Slow move when starting load.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_SLOW_LOAD_LENGTH     0  // (mm) Slow length, to allow time to insert material.
                                                  // 0 to disable start loading and skip to fast load only
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_FAST_LOAD_FEEDRATE  20  // (mm/s) Load filament feedrate. This can be pretty fast.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_FAST_LOAD_ACCEL     25  // (mm/s^2) Lower acceleration may allow a faster feedrate.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_FAST_LOAD_LENGTH     0  // (mm) Load length of filament, from extruder gear to nozzle.
                                                  //   For Bowden, the full length of the tube and nozzle.
                                                  //   For direct drive, the full length of the nozzle.
  //#define ADVANCED_PAUSE_CONTINUOUS_PURGE       // Purge continuously up to the purge length until interrupted.
  #define ADVANCED_PAUSE_PURGE_FEEDRATE        3  // (mm/s) Extrude feedrate (after loading). Should be slower than load feedrate.
  #define ADVANCED_PAUSE_PURGE_LENGTH         50  // (mm) Length to extrude after loading.
                                                  //   Set to 0 for manual extrusion.
                                                  //   Filament can be extruded repeatedly from the Filament Change menu
                                                  //   until extrusion is consistent, and to purge old filament.
  #define ADVANCED_PAUSE_RESUME_PRIME          0  // (mm) Extra distance to prime nozzle after returning from park.
  //#define ADVANCED_PAUSE_FANS_PAUSE             // Turn off print-cooling fans while the machine is paused.

// Filament Unload does a Retract, Delay, and Purge first:
  #define FILAMENT_UNLOAD_PURGE_RETRACT       13  // (mm) Unload initial retract length.
  #define FILAMENT_UNLOAD_PURGE_DELAY       5000  // (ms) Delay for the filament to cool after retract.
  #define FILAMENT_UNLOAD_PURGE_LENGTH         8  // (mm) An unretract is done, then this length is purged.
  #define FILAMENT_UNLOAD_PURGE_FEEDRATE      25  // (mm/s) feedrate to purge before unload

#define PAUSE_PARK_NOZZLE_TIMEOUT           60  // (seconds) Time limit before the nozzle is turned off for safety.
  #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_ALERT_BEEPS         10  // Number of alert beeps to play when a response is needed.
  #define PAUSE_PARK_NO_STEPPER_TIMEOUT           // Enable for XYZ steppers to stay powered on during filament change.

#define PARK_HEAD_ON_PAUSE                    // Park the nozzle during pause and filament change.
  //#define HOME_BEFORE_FILAMENT_CHANGE           // If needed, home before parking for filament change

//#define FILAMENT_LOAD_UNLOAD_GCODES           // Add M701/M702 Load/Unload G-codes, plus Load/Unload in the LCD Prepare menu.
  //#define FILAMENT_UNLOAD_ALL_EXTRUDERS         // Allow M702 to unload all extruders above a minimum target temp (as set by M302)
Re: Marlin M600, split functions
May 25, 2021 08:29AM
Is the question so difficult or did I wrote so confused...?
May 25, 2021 03:52PM
It's not extrusion but oozing. You might try setting ADVANCED_PAUSE_RESUME_PRIME to a small negative number (around what you'd usually use for a retract) and see if that helps.
May 26, 2021 06:59AM
it's really strange...... the Filament change function is also a little bit confused....

The noozle goes to park-position
after a few minutes the LCD shows heat noozle -> i'll do this.
Load Filament -> i accept
all works very fine!
After load Filament i click continue on the LCD
The noozle goes back to the last print-position
NOW it will be confused..... The noozle start the printing, Exactly at the Beginn - Suddenly the extruder RETRACT some Filament and than it feed normaly and the noozle move.... Now it works normlay. But the first 30 seconds, i don't get any Filament, cause the extruder retracted a little Distance of the filament, before start noozle move-printing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login