Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed leveling timeouts

Posted by JacquesBlom 
Bed leveling timeouts
June 05, 2021 10:00AM
Hi, This week I upgraded from my RAMPS 1.4 to a BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo and loaded Marlin 2.0.8

I had bed levelling work with the initial testing in Pronterface but now it refuses to work right.

I found in my Configuration.h file this and I tried enabling both the restore and enable:
/**
* Normally G28 leaves leveling disabled on completion. Enable one of
* these options to restore the prior leveling state or to always enable
* leveling immediately after G28.
*/
#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28
//#define ENABLE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28

This did not fix the issue and the M420 S1 (between G28 and G29) also did not fix it BUT I seem to have found the root cause of my leveling not working fine. I let it do multiple probing per point (2x). The first in the center is fast then slow. Front left it starts slow instead of fast and that seems to timeout. I saw a forum post of a guy getting a timeout error. So, I checked and the sensor LED does not come on. So I tested with a blade under the sensor and it came on. I could then redo leveling without restarting the printer. The next time I used the blade on the first try left front and it actually does not fail and continues doing probes when you use the blade.

How do I get it to reset to a fast/slow for every probe point?

Did I perhaps do something wrong in my Configuration.h or Configuration_adv.h files that would cause that?
Re: Bed leveling timeouts
June 05, 2021 01:22PM
I managed to resolve my bed leveling issue. The Z_PROBE_LOW_POINT value fixed it. Default is -2. So I figured after some research Z was lifting to much and when it lowers it still doesn't lower far enough. At -10 It still didn't work but at -20 it is work perfectly now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login