Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrading Firmware to Dual Extruder

Posted by duelistjp 
Upgrading Firmware to Dual Extruder
July 28, 2021 06:35PM
I got a kit a few years back. finally put it together it is a flsun c plus with touchscreen, dual extruder, and autoleveling. It seems to be one of the i3 clones with a bild area of 300x300x420.
Put it together finally and things aren't working remotely right. followed suggestion from someone online and flashed the firmware onto it again from the sd card that came with it. printer completely screwed up now soI look online. foundnd someone that has this printer without dual extruders and got their firmware and managed to get that working mostly after a good deal of fighting. So then I set upon the task of getting the 2nd extruder working.

I have made some progress in that i now have the second heater and the temp sensor working, but I cannot seem to get the second extruder to actually work. I have attached the config file here. If someone could look it over and help I'd be grateful. I have the chimaera head where there are two separate blocks, heaters, and nozzles if that makes a difference
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (66.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (63.4 KB)
Re: Upgrading Firmware to Dual Extruder
July 28, 2021 07:49PM
Config looks ok.

You do know these are tools and not independent axis?

ie they are always E you just change the tools with T0 or T1 to set which E is effected.
July 28, 2021 08:11PM
I am using repetier-host. i select either extruder1 or extruder2. extruder 2 does not feed or retract
July 30, 2021 09:05PM
I think i found the issue. the printer only came with instructions for a single extruder but hardware for the second. i figured out where to plug the additional hardware in but i had no idea what the little boards underneath where the motors plugged into did so i didn't notice there was supposed to be a fifth one for the second extruder. They are stepper drivers and should be a4998s. i got 5 coming in 2 days for $6 that should be drop in replacements for what flsun initially shipped. I'm hoping it magically starts working when i put it in on sunday. will report back if it does
August 01, 2021 05:49PM
well i put the stepper driver in and no luck. tried reflashing rebooting. no luck any ideas
September 24, 2021 09:44PM
I've got a similar problem with a CR-X, and damned if I can figure out why the 2nd extruder does not work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login