Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Move Z and Y axis at the same time with different feedrates

Posted by tok199hz 
Move Z and Y axis at the same time with different feedrates
September 03, 2021 06:53AM
Hello everybody,
for a 3D printer I'm building I'm trying to move at the same time Z and X axis with different feedrates.
My last idea was to uncomment G0_FEEDRATE option and try to send at the same time G1 Zn Fx and G0 X but it's not working.
Is there any suggestion I can get to solve this issue?
Thanks!
VDX
Re: Move Z and Y axis at the same time with different feedrates
September 03, 2021 07:19AM
... hmmm why different speeds?

The 3D-path planning has much work to synchronize the XYZ movement with the Extruder-pulses withn G1-moves.

I've used it unmodified to "3D-printing" paste-droplets for sealing structures on slanted surfaces ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 03, 2021 07:55AM
It's not working with extruders, I'm working with DLP technology and I need this "asyncronous" movements to increase the speed
VDX
September 03, 2021 08:54AM
... what's exactly your problem?

You can move the axes individually with different speeds or synchronous with speeds as high, a your setup allows ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

September 03, 2021 08:56AM
Thanks and sorry if I'm writing something stupid, I'm quite new to Marlin...
By the way what I need to do is to move Z axis at, i.e., F150 and at the same time move X axis at, i.e., F3000
I took a look to different settings but I'm not able to find anything useful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2021 08:57AM by tok199hz.
VDX
September 03, 2021 10:12AM
... if you're moving them synchonous, then the speed is defined with the longest distance - so is different for both axes, according to the scalar values.

Can you describe you moving process/geometry? - maybe there is another option to achieve your goal ...

Viktor
--------

September 03, 2021 10:16AM
If you set the max feedrate of the slower axis [marlinfw.org]
eg M203 X50 Z2.5 (ie feedrate/60), and x needs to be larger or equal to F parameter or it also will limit.

then you move eg G0 X100 Z100 F3000
Z's feed rate is limited to max Z feedrate, X and also limited to max X feed rate, but since F is less or equal X max feedrate the F value is obeyed

This might work, haven't tried anything this non standard in a while...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2021 10:29AM by Dust.
September 03, 2021 11:24AM
Dust
eg M203 X50 Z2.5 (ie feedrate/60), and x needs to be larger or equal to F parameter or it also will limit.

Z's feed rate is limited to max Z feedrate, X and also limited to max X feed rate, but since F is less or equal X max feedrate the F value is obeyed

This can be a good suggestion, thanks!
But I'm not sure it will work as I need to run 2 different distances also, let's say my ideal command is something like: G1 Z12 F150 executing at the same time G1 Z20000 X249

@VDX Z axis is lifting the part while X is moving another device that helps the printing process
September 06, 2021 03:14AM
Dust

I was just able to try but it seems it's not working, both axis are moving at the same speed as if I run the same distance they both are stopping at the same time...
September 08, 2021 02:59AM
Dust

To better explain if I send G0 X100 Z100 F3000 both axis are moving at the same speed, which is Z_max_feedrate, while if move them with separate commands everything is fine according to the limits, that means X is moving at F3000 (X_max_feedrate)
September 09, 2021 03:45PM
tok199hz
To better explain if I send G0 X100 Z100 F3000 both axis are moving at the same speed, which is Z_max_feedrate

Not really. Each axis will move at the speed required for both motions to complete at the same time. If you move X more than Z then X will move faster. G0 X1000 Z100 will result in X moving 10 times faster than Z. It sounds like what you want to happen is to desynchronize the axes in simultaneous movement, so (for example) doing G0 X100 Z100 would cause both X and Z to start moving, X would complete its motion at 3000 feedrate and stop while Z would still be moving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2021 04:08PM by MMcLure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login