Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First time X, Y or Z axis movement issue

Posted by sairfan1 
First time X, Y or Z axis movement issue
September 10, 2021 09:16PM
I'm setting up Marlin with 5 Axis, I did not change anything in configurations files except that configurations related to enabling 5 Axis.

When I move any of X, Y or Z Axis for the first time(by first time I mean first movement of any axis after turning ON the machine) it moves toward positive number for a some distance (it's not the distance that was sent in the parameter), but when I move it again it moves for an accurate/correct distance.

For example after turning ON the machine if I move the machine for 10mm or 100mm in both cases it will move for 20mm but from next movement of same Axis it will move for correct distance.

It looks like there is some configuration for the first movement for some purpose.

Please help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2021 10:27PM by sairfan1.
VDX
Re: First time X, Y or Z axis movement issue
September 11, 2021 04:42AM
... you have to home first or set the actual position with G92, so the firmware "knows" where it is starting from -- if not set, there should be a preset defined somewhere in the configuration.h

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 11, 2021 11:33AM
That makes sense, but thing that makes me concerned is that when it hits the switch it must be stopped no matter where it is or what or the X & Y at that time

What I understand purpose of switches is to not let it go out of the boundaries
VDX
September 11, 2021 12:28PM
... I'm using the switches for homing and "presetting" the position -- here a setup from one of my (not 3D-printing) machines - if homing to MIN, then it knows "X=0, Y=0, Z=0" ... if to MAX then "X=200, Y=300, Z=120":

// Travel limits (mm) after homing, corresponding to endstop positions.
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
#define X_MAX_POS 200 //X_BED_SIZE
#define Y_MAX_POS 300 //Y_BED_SIZE
#define Z_MAX_POS 120

Then you can set any switch-position for your "homing position" - with some of my pastedispensers, where it's homing in the left top edge at the back, its something like

// Position set after homing, corresponding to endstop positions.
#define X_HOME_POS 0
#define Y_HOME_POS 300
#define Z_HOME_POS 120

Or any "virtual" position, if you home and set the actual position with G92 (but then you have to change the MIN/MAX-positions too) ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

September 13, 2021 10:33AM
did you mean ?

#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0

Because i was not able to find below in configuration.h

#define X_HOME_POS 0
VDX
September 13, 2021 11:05AM
... then you should try with the "MANUAL_...", if it's setting the coordinates correct after initial homing with "G28" (or for any axis separate with "G28 X" or Y or Z).

I've modified my Marlin4Due firmwares and Pronterface (my version is named "gieCAPS") in respect to "clamped moves" homing and some other coordinate-related stuff, so not exactly usefull for you -- but should be not this different ...

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login